Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Coming Out » An inverted coming out :-)

An inverted coming out :-)

Tags : None
  • I have been living as Jacqui for roughly 30 years with roughly 20 years prior as a natal (male) - badly because even then I looked rather "fem" :-)

Anyhoo, I broke up with my boyfriend of over 15 years around six months ago (it was not very nice - I had to change the  locks etc) and after finding out about all the deciet and lies I decided that keeping my origins form my friends was not very friendly so I told some very cautionsly.

A few already knew from one person I told in confidence - who unbeknown to me had blabbed chineese whisper style and I had to correct her info.

ANyway I know have way more close friends who trust me and who I can trust with my life - in fact I already do :-)

When you do this you have to remain sensible and make sure it is understood and make people understand it should not be a big deal - if its not a big deal to me, its not a big deal to them :-)

I also visited my GP and asked to be referred to the local MHU (mental heath unit) so they could refer me to charing cross GIC. This went brill - evidently I am not "do-lally" (my phrase) and now I am just waiting for the letter.

I have been compiling a folder for the GIC and for a GRC application - do you think a 20 year old (expired passport), a 15 year mortage, abreast screening pass letter and a letter inviting me for a cervical smear test classifies as enough real life experience?

Off to ashford tonoght for the drab and dress xmas dinner - got some glad rags on and feel great!

Jacqui

December 12, 2012 6:21 PM GMT