Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » UK Forum » Spend a whole week as a woman

Spend a whole week as a woman

Tags : None
  • Here's an idea I've been toying with since February 2006!!  Most of us here want to be female, right!  That's probably why you are on this site now.  However, it's not practical for many of us to actually change sex because of family and career commitments or perhaps just because we do not want to go all the way.  Some of us may feel inside that we want to but are not entirely sure.

Well, it's been suggested to me that we should organise and offer our members a chance to experience what it is like being a girl for a week.

The opportunity to live life as a woman for 7 days and nights.   Of course many people will not be able to afford the time to be away for a whole week and they should take a look at Carol's posting in this forum, about her Torquay girly weekend in May.

However, if you would like to spend a bit longer, living as a female, read on...

For those who are thinking of transitioning this could be a useful first step, before doing anything that is not reversible later if you discover it's not for you.

For those who have families and careers that take first place, it could be just an opportunity to be a girl before reverting back to Drabsville.

What I propose is that we find small but nice hotel to use for our base.  I already have one in mind, in Blackpool, which can offer full board at a pretty reasonable rate and we'd have the whole place to ourselves.

Upon arrival you would hand over your drab clothes for safe-keeping and be given a girly make-over because from the moment you arrive, you would be treated as a girl and would be expected to dress as a female immediately.

We would endevour to keep the price as low as possible but this would not be a cheapo week away.  I want this to be feature filled, elegant and upmarket and the price would also include the following:

* Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner each day

* A makeover on arrival

* A welcome aboard party on the first night

* A make-up lesson each day from a professional make-up artist/beautician because as a woman, you will need to know how to apply and touch-up your make-up

* Daily lessons and talks from career trans people, on subjects like deportment, creating a feminine voice, passing as a female in public and talks from people who have already successfully transitioned and who now consider themselves to be well and truly female

* Various party nights with entertainment

* Several photo shoots during the week, including one with a professional photographer

* On the last night, a trip out to Funny Girls trans entertainment venue

We could also have a few other trips out for shopping and entertainment - en femme of course and there would also be a number of other surprises for the girls just to make it all that little bit more special.

There would also be a discount available on the price, for our Full Members and Lifetime Members.

At present I'm looking at doing this in the UK but if there's enough demand, we could do something similar in the US and/or elsewhere.

I for one, would absolutely love to spend a whole week of my life as a girl, dressed and made-up to the nines!

Now it's over to you.  Before we lay out vast quantities of cash and work on this project, we need to hear from you.

Is this a good idea?  If you say it's not then we won't do it.

If on the other hand you think it is, we will.  Perhaps you have some more ideas for making it even more fun and more useful.

Please tell me what you think and when you think is the best time to do it.  Please also tell me if you would like to be a guest and if you are willing to share a room. I want to make this an up-market experience so it won't be cheap but it won't be expensive either.  It should offer very good value for the cost but I do not want to do this on the cheap and risk having heaps of complaints.

If it goes ahead, then we'll advertise it in Frock Magazine and on our other web sites too.  However, you have first dibs right here so jump in quick and reserve your place.  Numbers will be very limited.

This is something I've got to do before I die!

Thanks and hugs,

Katie   x

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
    This post was edited by Katie Glover at January 9, 2013 11:42 AM GMT
      January 8, 2013 5:13 PM GMT
  • Katie and All Interested ( thanks for the thread suggestion, Katie ) - This is my greatest dream ever - I wouldn't even show up in the 'other' clothes. At the present I have no means to come to the UK ( I am US based ) but as the year transpires there are things in my life I cannot disclose but could allow this and they are this year. I would still like info on this. As to the not sure - I cannot wait til its everyday. Thanks and I hope to be part of this one or any others elsewhere or in the future - some hurdles I have no control over presently - but my heart/mind and being knows the woman I am and I am with you all!! Briana Q : )
      January 8, 2013 7:26 PM GMT
  • Deleted by myself

This post was edited by Former Member at February 23, 2013 4:41 PM GMT
      January 8, 2013 9:27 PM GMT
  • I Katie, perhaps start smaller, say a long weekends worth for ladies, see 'Bollington weekend' as a good example, I think more will be able to attend and if its well run as per suggested it would be above the weekend could grow over the years.

Good luck x
    Anna B x
      January 8, 2013 9:34 PM GMT
  • I would say that at that's a brilliant idea and I may be interested, however, it all depends on money, not just the price and so forth but most importantly, waiting to see what benefits I will hopefully be entitled and making sure I have enough money to pay the bills and feed myself.

But once that's sorted and I bought a few clothing, then I save, then I would say yes.
      January 9, 2013 12:00 AM GMT
  • Hi,Everyone. I did do exactly this last year at Esprit in Port Angeles,Washington. It's a wonderful experience. Took no drabwear at all. I'm hoping to scrape together funds to go again this year.
    <p>Hugs,Jan</p>
      January 9, 2013 2:52 AM GMT
  • That would be so much fun, my biggest expense would probably be airfare, so it would make sense to make a week of it. What a life experience, like you say it will open your eyes to 24/7 living as a lady. When were you thinking this could happen?
      January 9, 2013 6:07 AM GMT
  • I would happily share a room, as far as when, I am pretty open, have some commitments this year, but lets throw some dates out and see wheat others are thinking. Go Katie!
      January 9, 2013 6:10 AM GMT
  • Thanks for the link Katie unfortunatly not something I could take up

Christy Bradford
    This post was edited by Christy Bradford at January 9, 2013 8:48 AM GMT
      January 9, 2013 8:46 AM GMT
  • Katie,

What an incredible idea. I would love to try this. I am U.S. based so it wouod be a little more convenient for me to attend somewhere here. I would certainly be game for this fabulous oportunity.

Ronni
      January 9, 2013 8:58 AM GMT
  • Thanks for your replies so far girls.  Please keep 'em coming.  Thanks for the suggestion of starting with a weekend Anna.  However, as I mentioned, Carol is already running a weekend away in May and there are already several other weekends and long weekends like that available.  We want to offer something that is not already being widely done. 

There are some cheap weeks available here and there too so this will be different again, will offer much more to do and be more inclusive but of course, it will cost a  bit more as well.

And while we're looking at Blackpool for the UK right now, I am definitely up for doing something like this in the US, if I can find a suitable venue.

Hugs, Katie   x

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      January 9, 2013 11:31 AM GMT
  • . This post was edited by Emma Gee at January 19, 2014 6:38 PM GMT
      January 9, 2013 1:20 PM GMT
  • Hi Katie,

I love the idea but travel to England wold a big cost factor to me! looking at doing anything in Canada or USA?

Maria
      January 9, 2013 5:52 PM GMT
  • For those in North America,do check out Esprit in Port Angeles,Washington. About a 4 hr drive for me,So travel is easy. Room will run about $850 for the week plus food. Check info @ cornbury.org. I think there is also a link here on this site.
    <p>Hugs,Jan</p>
      January 10, 2013 6:03 AM GMT
  • Sounds like a fabulous idea to me, I'm sure that once word gets around the hotel would be full quite quickly.
      January 13, 2013 9:22 PM GMT
  • Hope the pension will stretch to it lol -- and depends on dates
      January 17, 2013 9:29 PM GMT
  • ooh i am so up for this!! one way or another i 'll afford it! and i love blackpool! x
      January 19, 2013 1:00 PM GMT
  • My home town, thanks for the suggestion :)

Would be an amazing experience!
      January 30, 2013 1:26 AM GMT
  • Think its a great idea Katie ,it could be very popular .
      February 3, 2013 4:08 PM GMT
  • Oh my, would I ever love to do this! Something in the US and somehow, someway, I'm onboard.
      February 9, 2013 8:54 PM GMT
  • Great idea! I would also totally love to do this, but I am also US based and couldn't afford to go too far. But a fantastic idea for sure! xoxo
      March 5, 2013 5:18 PM GMT
  • Sounds great. I'd be tempted after I have shed some weight. :D

January 19, 2014 5:00 PM GMT
  • This would be awesome, I really wanna do this!

February 18, 2014 4:18 PM GMT
  • I have been full time for three years and I would like to join you if this goes ahead. I would like the makeover, photography bits, and girly nights out, too!

February 18, 2014 10:56 PM GMT
  • What a brilliant idea, I'd love to do this but as with the other girls posts on here, it would depend on date and price. Makeover & girlie nights... sounds sooo fab :)

February 22, 2014 7:10 AM GMT