Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » More restroom nonsense from the Arizona republican biggots

More restroom nonsense from the Arizona republican biggots

Tags : None
  • I don't know why every time I end up writing here, it's about restrooms, but maybe because it's something that is so necessary, and also something that can be so dangerous for us.  I came across a story the other day that made me very angry.  If you watch the news, where ever you are in the world, it's hard to NOT notice the biggots that run my state.  There have been stories that have made the world news going all the way back to the 80s that I know of. If you some how have missed the circus that is our state representation, google Evan Mecham, or Jan Brewer, or Joe Arpaio, or SB1070, and it goes on and on.  It would probably take you a year to get through all the stories on sherriff Joe Arpaio, anyway, the state is primarily run by republicans, most of which are also biggots, and there isn't any group of people that isn't fare game to them.  The original story that I read, which I can't find again, said that the capital city, Phoenix, had passed a law that transgenders could legally use the restroom that they present as, which in this state, is the equililant of making an elephant fly, but it didn't take long for the republicans to take notice and attempt to "fix" this "problem.  The republicans have now proposed a bill to reverse this, making it illegal for a transgender to use the restroom they present as, and the police may ask for a birth certificate as proof.  The penalty for the infraction could be up to 6 months in jail.  I have yet to find anyone, anywhere, that agrees with any of the ignorant things that come from these people, I don't know how they stay in office.  The last major one was SB1070, which also involved birth certificates.  The law basically said that anyone that "looked" like they could posibly NOT be a US citizen, could be arrested and jailed until they could prove they were a citizen.  Obviously this targets anyone that isn't caucasion.  Thousands of hispanics put bumper stickers on their cars that said "I might be illegal"  Anyway, I love where I live, I love the people here, they are always good to me, but the states leaders scare the hell out of me.  Here are a couple of links on the story, there are many more.  Pray for me, I am going out tonight and I might have to pee.

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Arizona+bill+seeks+bathroom+birth+gender+restricting/8127429/story.html

http://www.smartbrief.com/news/lgbt/storyDetails.jsp?issueid=9B0CEBA1-8EB0-4288-8C56-AA88800CF1AC©id=0155C611-EE02-4FD3-A2CC-1EF6B918A947&ref=facebook0155C611-EE02-4FD3-A2CC-1EF6B918A947

The second link doesn't seem to work, which is a shame, because it had a quote from one of the biggots that said, "if you use a restroom that's not of your birth gender, you will go to jail, which is where you belong"  

Google Az restroom bill requires birth certificate and you will get lots of links.

Update 3/26/13

About a thousand people showed up at the state capital to let them know just how much of an idiot they thought the biggot Kavanaugh was for writing that bill.  The long and the short of the story is that the capital city passed a city ordanance giving us the right to use the restroom of our choice.  Kavanaughs bill, which would become state law if passed, would over ride the city ordanance and make using the restroom of our gender identity punishable by 6 months in jail.  He has now backed his way out of this, but being the idiot that he is, he tried to make it "look" like he still won.  He has rewritten the bill, it will still over ride the city ordinance if passed, but the new version says, no government may decide who may use which restroom.  The decision will be left up to each individual business.  So if it passes, we will lose our gauranteed right to use the restroom that we choose, but there will only be a problem if the individual business has an issue with it.  If it doesn't pass, we will have the right, at least in Phoenix, to use the restroom of our choice and be protected by law.  The way this is going over here, I don't see much of a chance of him getting it passed, but who knows, and as I have said so many times, the people here are not bad, it's the state government that is so bad.  There may be the odd business that may have an issue, but I think even if he gets it passed things will be ok.

Briana Lynn
    This post was edited by Briana Lynn Rekowski at March 26, 2013 10:46 PM GMT
      March 23, 2013 10:52 PM GMT
  • Damn republicans are always asking for peoples birth certificates.
      March 27, 2013 2:07 AM GMT
  • Hummm, It makes me wonder about Az. My stepdaughter lives there, and wants us to move there..LOL...been there and see no good reason to be there. I have a hard time trying to figure out why people won't leave others to live there life as they see fit. Restrooms have always been a delicate issue, sooo a bit of optimism now, it has gotten much better in the last 20 yrs or so.

Like you stated " damn republicans...well without singling out any one group, but I think you can figure out whom they are.

Now for some  pessimism
    There are people in the states that are against anything that is good for mankind, and are for dominance over all living things.

Huggs Tammy

<p>A life without purpose, is a life without reason!</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;myspace.com/tammybrianne</p>
      March 27, 2013 2:49 AM GMT
  • Hope it works out,Briana.Remember,there are those on all sides who want nothing more than to control others lives. Hugs,Jan
    <p>Hugs,Jan</p>
      March 27, 2013 7:35 AM GMT