PASSPORTS UK.

• 2358 posts
    April 17, 2013 4:29 PM BST

Now you have, the basic paper work, deed Poll and under medical supervision.

To preserve the privacy of the individual, the document or certificate in question should not bear any indication that the name or gender has been changed. 

**No charge should be levied for the reissuance of such documentation.** Questionable, for driving license and passport.

3.5 Passports

The Passports Act 2008, section 11, offers an important avenue for recognition of the acquired gender of a transsexual person.  For this purpose, a person who is transsexual may seek a passport in their new name and have their new sex entered therein.  This does not confer any right or entitlement not connected with the purposes of the Passports Act. For instance, it would not alter the legal gender of the person for the purpose of marriage law or entitle one to a reissued birth certificate noting the acquired gender. which is a consideration for The Gender Recognition Panel. 

Obviously once a person has completed RLE and been issued with their GRC, entitlement is automatic. the issue of a new birth certificate with a new gender marker, allowing person to marry. enter into a legal marriage, (not to be confused with a same sex marriage or a civil partnership), since spring 2015 there is in force an ammendment to the marriage act ammendment 2013, mutual agreement for for continuance of an existing marriage (automatically regestered as a same sex, legal marriage), so the relevant changes to names and gender on passports should be taken into consideration,

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at February 21, 2016 4:35 PM GMT
    • 2358 posts
    February 21, 2016 1:09 PM GMT

Applying for a passport Additional information for transgender and transsexual customers

We want everyone applying for a passport to be able to do so quickly and easily. This leaflet gives some additional advice relating to the specific needs of our transgender and transsexual customers when applying for a passport so they don’t
    experience any undue delay.
    Please read this leaflet in addition to the “Applying for a passport” guidance  booklet provided with the passport application form.

Applying for your passport
    You can apply for a passport in an acquired gender. This option is available to those who do not hold a Gender Recognition Certificate or have not had gender reassignment surgery, as well as  those who have.
    As with all passport applications, we need to confirm your identity to prevent identity fraud and verify that you are a British national. In some cases, to help complete your application, we may  need to ask for further information compared to what is outlined in our guidance booklet.

Please see the following options: You have a British passport in an acquired gender and want to renew it.
    Please follow the passport renewal guidance in the “Applying for a passport” booklet and submit your old passport with your application. There are no differences to the standard document requirements. You should fill in the application form using details relating to your acquired gender and reflect  both your current name and any other previous names you have used in your acquired gender in section 2. You do not need to include any previous names in your birth gender.

Visit for further information on renewing a passport.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/251703/Applying_for_a_passport_additional_information.PDF

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at February 21, 2016 1:22 PM GMT
    • 0 posts
    February 21, 2016 1:24 PM GMT

I was already aware of this Crissie but it will be of great help to others who were not. I don't think I will leave the UK again , they may not let me back in again.

Take care , Julia x

• 178 posts
    February 22, 2016 8:44 PM GMT

My Learned Friend

I have read your submission, but sadly, it a appears to me that there lacunae in the content thereof.

I love the effort you have put into that.  However, as a nit-picking type, I shall nitpick and get back to you.

Crissy - please do not imagine for one moment that I am seeking to demean you.  Far from it. I admire all the effort, research and analysis that you offer us.  Keep safe, dear lady - and if I may, love to Cass.

I shall be back!

Luv ya - and Cass - if that is not to complicated!

Amanda

• 2358 posts
    February 23, 2016 11:31 PM GMT

Amanda thankyou

Lacuna (law), the lack of a law or legal source addressing a situation,   I quoted the relevant section of the latest pasport act, in the opening post.

Lacuna (manuscripts), a missing section of text   The link I posted gives a guide to the full requirements,

• 178 posts
    February 24, 2016 3:36 PM GMT

Oh all right then!  You are correct, of course, but I did really want to pull your leg!  Fact is, Crissy, sometimes I think, I post, and nobody takes a blind bit of notice. Now, that is easier for me because I am semi retired.  You, on the other hand, ared working your butt of laying the foundations of a fabulous career, and yet you still find the time to give us the benefit of your legal expertise.  Have a Chardonnay on me and Cat!

Do us ALL here a favour.  Do not get disheartend or feel unappreciated. You are rock for this site..

Big hug, Amanda and Cat!

• 2358 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:19 PM GMT

Never mind having my leg pulled in a nice way, it's the wedgies that get me annoyed

• 0 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:37 PM GMT

You are the rock that Amanda says you are Crissie. Be very proud of yourself for all you do here , you have every right to be. Be very proud of who you are and what you do to further your career too , again you have every right to be. I am proud of you and proud to call you my friend.

All my love , Julia xx

• 0 posts
    February 24, 2016 9:08 PM GMT

For you Crissie xx https://youtu.be/vFvmP97likg Nothing to do with passports but I want it to stay here. If I get the time I will record it for you myself and upload it with a few word changes.

Julia xx

This post was edited by Former Member at February 24, 2016 9:21 PM GMT