I'm affraid to come out to the outside world

• May 11, 2013 4:31 PM BST

Hi everyone my name is Chris I crossdress but affraid to do it outside cause I'm affraid what people will think of me and stare at me how can i overcome my fears of going outside and seize the day as a woman with no worries?

• May 11, 2013 4:52 PM BST

i just went for it

i went out for the first time to the beach a few weeks ago, the stares didnt happen as much as i feared they would, if at all.. most of the 100+ odd ppl i walked past and served me, either didn't notice or didn't care which is the opposite of what my mind was telling me..

if u can ask a friend to go with u, as having someone with u will help u with your confidence too and make you feel a little safer

• May 11, 2013 7:00 PM BST

People might stare at you, OMG! Don't let that be a concern. Hold your head up high, if they stare at you just smile and continue going where you want. It is very difficult the first time I know. Been there, done that! Wink Now I whish had gone out a lot sooner 30 some years ago. I was not that bad looking then as a female with makeup and wig. Stayed inside for many lonley nights, dressed wanting to go out. Fear kept me from going out in public. Once I made the choice and said so what if people stare at me, and went to a movie. It was not a lot of exposure to the public but felt I did well even though I felt being stared at. Feel those years are 'lost' and gone forever. I am 74 and feel that I will continue going out in female attire as long as possible. Trying to make up for those years will never happen. Do it while you can. "Free to be you" as the saying goes.

Janet

• 434 posts
    May 11, 2013 7:06 PM BST

Congratulations Rebecca!

Chris,

It's not unusual for a person to think everybody will notice you and ridicule you when you first start going out "dressed". These fears are usually unfounded.

• 746 posts
    May 11, 2013 7:09 PM BST

Hey!  Where did my post go???  It was there a half hour ago?  : (

• May 11, 2013 10:02 PM BST

you look lovely Michelle and i see you as a women in your profile pic hands down

i think you will do just fine ... also don't forget to enjoy yourself and smile

• 0 posts
    May 12, 2013 12:26 AM BST

My reply is missing too!

I bet it was Goldilocks.

Traci Lee O'Gara said:

Hey!  Where did my post go???  It was there a half hour ago?  : (

• 746 posts
    May 12, 2013 12:45 AM BST

Be nice Chalice!  (smile)

• 0 posts
    May 12, 2013 1:20 AM BST

Nice is like the word pink, over utilised. lol Geez you know, if we are on the board together then that must speak volumes about our acceptance of each other. More if we speak together. But, by the same taken, I am led by honesty and integrity and I have...  more

edit*

Introducing

^*_*^  &  ~*!*~

This post was edited by Former Member at May 12, 2013 10:19 AM BST
    • 0 posts
    May 12, 2013 1:27 AM BST

Nice is like the colour pink, over utilised. lol

Geez you know, if we are on the board together then that must speak volumes about our acceptance of each other; more if we speak together.

But, by the same token, I am led by honesty and integrity and I have made no allowances for their compromise.

luv ya. 

This post was edited by Former Member at May 12, 2013 10:20 AM BST
  • May 12, 2013 3:13 AM BST

I'm just gonna call you Michelle, ok?  Anyway Michelle, I totaly agree with Rebecca, if you can find someone to go out with you in the early times, it is so much easier.  Good luck, be safe, and have fun!

• May 13, 2013 8:05 PM BST

thats the problem i cant find any girls out there that likes a crossdresser to go out with to accept me for me i need a honest friend (girl) to go out with but I cant find any

• May 13, 2013 10:35 PM BST

Hi Michelle, maybe you could start by looking for an LGBT center near where you live. Maybe starting off by just trying to find some accepting friends might be an easier approach.  See if there is an LGBT support center near you and see if they have meetings that you can join.  Maybe you will find a friend, or even a group of friends that you could get together with.  This isn't a race, and every step in the right dirrection is a BIG step.  Se what you can find.

Hugs

• May 14, 2013 3:53 PM BST

thats a good idea thanks love i shall try that

• May 14, 2013 10:15 PM BST
    Chris aka Michelle said:

thats the problem i cant find any girls out there that likes a crossdresser to go out with to accept me for me i need a honest friend (girl) to go out with but I cant find any

Also you might check out the Tri-Ess chapter. There is a chapter in Trenton,NJ: E-Mail (Pat): [email protected]
    Web Site: http://www.triessnj.org/snr/ Tri-Ess is for married CD's however some chapters allow single CD's to join. Pobably will need to have a interview by the chapters membership chairperson. Tri-Ess is very good to connect for a first time outing. You will find Tri-Ess very accepting.

Janet