Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Transgender Fun » Its not true, but the thought is funny.

Its not true, but the thought is funny.

Tags : None
  • Imagine reading the bible backwards.

Whoosh Jesus decended from Heaven nailed to a wooden cross, luckily there were some Roman soldiers hanging around, they pulled the cross down, released Jesus, took him to prison and then  then set him free, gradually over the years Jesus lost a lot of his followers, through his eratic and stupid behavor, one day he came across a large picnic, 5000 people eating bread and fish, whoosh and he cast a spell and all the food dissapeared. Then there was the terrible incident, where  he came upon a group drinking wine, getting drunk, and thinking he was helping them to a more healthy life style, he turned the wine into water.   Then he came across a healthy man, placing his hands upon the mans head he turned him into a cripple and told him to get in bed and stay there till he died.    Things went from bad to worse, eventually he ended up as a baby in a straw filled feeding trough and the rich men (conservatives} came and stole all his new  birthday presents.  

In the same vein we go back to Genasis, Adam and Eve, spending all their time boinking and sining, then one day they came upon an apple tree and tasted the apple and god was so outraged he destroyed the world.  Amen

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
    This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at June 4, 2013 8:17 AM BST
      June 2, 2013 10:16 PM BST
  • Makes just as much sense as it does forwards.
    xx
      June 2, 2013 11:03 PM BST
  • Funny, but hardly original.  Smile

A great destruction of the World was predicted so the authorities took all of the DNA from every living thing,

Two of every creature of the sea, land and sky.

Bacteria and fungi too, plants and all other things.

Then they put them in an Ark and went to Mars.

I'm glad to see you've found religion Crissie, even if it is a little backward. lol 

Laughing

This post was edited by Former Member at June 2, 2013 11:09 PM BST
      June 2, 2013 11:08 PM BST
  • I see no reason for this mockery.  Because you choose to not see the significance of the bible does not give you the right to criticize what others believe holy.

June 2, 2013 11:08 PM BST
  • C'mon Robin.

Lighten up girl, it's the Transgender Fun forum.

I was at Mass yesterday evening and I can't see any offence in it.

The fact is I've long had the same thought that the Prophecies might be backward.

Also, you couldn't have heard many Irish comedians. 

Robin B said:

I see no reason for this mockery.  Because you choose to not see the significance of the bible does not give you the right to criticize what others believe holy. 

This post was edited by Former Member at June 2, 2013 11:14 PM BST
      June 2, 2013 11:12 PM BST
  • My beliefs are a major part of who I am.  When I read this, I was hurt.  If others feel this is acceptable, that's fine.  But if it keeps up, I'm gone.  I will not make room for this in my life.

June 2, 2013 11:18 PM BST
  • Well me too Robin.

I must be much more liberal than you are?

But then again I also have a Masters in Theology.

Yet, I can agree that being open minded is not the same thing as broad-minded.

I am certainly not broad-minded but its no offence to me if others are.

With Love

Chalice

June 2, 2013 11:25 PM BST
  •   June 2, 2013 11:58 PM BST
  • Robin,

In a way, I understand how you feel and sometimes it's seems that the whole world is dumping on Christianity while all the while being afraid to do the same to other religions....and you all know what religion(s) I am referring to.

Being only "somewhat" religious myself, I sometimes ask questions of my own faith. So when someone only disparages my religion while ignoring other religions it makes me sad. Sad that they feel comfortable to say these things about one religion ...yet fearful to say the same about another religion.

I have to admit, I found humor in what was said and after all, the whole thing was premised as "It's not true, but the thought is funny" ..so I was not personally offended.

<p>Doanna Highland</p>
      June 3, 2013 1:02 AM BST
  • I am not debunbking anyones personal feelings about religion.   Personal experiences of life, left me feeling abandoned, forsaken.

Perhaps Jesus had a sense of humour and would have seen the funny side.   Its about rights to have feelings, this was a light hearted slant on something I thought about.  

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      June 3, 2013 10:03 AM BST
  • Having that book forced on me as a child for my afliction of being born a Catholic it makes no sense to me which ever way you read it . Try it backwards sideways or upside down it still makes no sense.

I think Cristines post is brilliant and so funny. It is not there to start a war like the Muslim religion would take it as! If it were printed in a national newspaper but about the Quran then we would now be having cars and buildings being blown up and people being murdered in the name of God.

Why can't people who have faith in this book of nonsense have a sense of humour? It is funny , maybe if there was a bloke named Jesus he was just a miserable old git . The way I look at it is Jesus was supposed to be the son of God and Mary gave birth to Jesus and Joseph was a real thick head , he believed Mary got pregnant by his father GOD .

Thou shalt not commit adultery. God must have forgot that bit so does that mean God is/was a Man?.

This post was edited by Former Member at June 3, 2013 11:11 AM BST
      June 3, 2013 10:55 AM BST
  •  Crissie, it tickled me...

deletedv original response, as it wasn`t a fun response. Sorry missed the point..............

Love Daisy

This post was edited by Former Member at June 3, 2013 6:02 PM BST
      June 3, 2013 1:08 PM BST
  • I had to delete this as it was in response to daisy's post above it so it kind of makes no sense now. ITS GONE!

This post was edited by Former Member at June 5, 2013 11:18 PM BST
      June 3, 2013 3:16 PM BST
  • Relgion how it should be but that is my belief.

http://youtube.com/embed/Zjz16xjeBAA

http://youtube.com/embed/N-isGzfYUZ4

This post was edited by Former Member at June 3, 2013 3:54 PM BST
      June 3, 2013 3:51 PM BST
  • You can't even make a witty comment in the fun forum anymore without it turning bad. I'm off to TV chic lol xx
      June 3, 2013 5:06 PM BST
  • Don't go there Debs! I have an account there but only to promote @Suffolk_Police I block about 10 people everytime I log in , they want to do things to me "Its true"  total strangers. They are obsessed with the letters A and O . I have told them there are another 24 letters in the alphabet but they don't listen.

As for fun here? Well my joke make up tip turned into some kind of militant rubbish , I was only trying to lighten things up a bit .

People should remember before they log in to bring their sense of humour with them.

xx

June 3, 2013 5:46 PM BST
  • bible fun yey...

dont forget the writers of the bible making the kings name = the devil or should i say the devil = the king ...

caesar nero's number is 666

im ok my hebrew name rivka is 800 thats good im not the devil feeee u lol

also id rather be whipped everyday by the devil oooo sound fun lol ... than having everything forever be perfect

This post was edited by Rebecca Armstrong at June 3, 2013 7:16 PM BST
      June 3, 2013 7:02 PM BST
  • i am so disapointed in some people's lack of having fun. For the life of me why would someone believe in a story although some find it a good story not me but some and yet the very thing they believe in thinks that transgender people are freaks strange and will go to hell. so my point is if someone actually said these things to you in real life you would be extremely upset so why believe in something that does it in stealth. BTW cris i still think its fantastic

June 3, 2013 10:11 PM BST
  • TVchix said I'm barred... Hannah has bin using my log-in i think....
      June 3, 2013 10:16 PM BST
  • I think Jesus was Gay! When you think about it he spent most of his time hanging out with 12 blokes. They look like a bunch of hippies to me, Here they are at the last take away thing. Any straight bloke would be out humping virgins on his last day.

This post was edited by Former Member at June 3, 2013 11:35 PM BST
      June 3, 2013 11:08 PM BST
  • I had a funny photo but I deleted it because it may have been copyrighted...:(

<p>Doanna Highland</p>
    This post was edited by Doanna Highland at June 4, 2013 2:48 AM BST
      June 4, 2013 2:42 AM BST
  • Some of the comments on this thread are fact and do not qualify under the thread heading Ïts not true, but the thought is funny"

<p>ooxxoo</p>
      June 4, 2013 6:03 AM BST
  • I see that Robin has left unfortunately, which is her loss I believe - I hope that she can find friendship and understanding in whichever Christian faith she believes in.  It was a fun idea and very witty I thought, it is a pity that she didn't see it in that light.

[Further comment edited out by poster]

This post was edited by Former Member at June 4, 2013 10:25 AM BST
      June 4, 2013 10:24 AM BST
  • Religious people of all faiths speak freely about their beliefs. Is it not my right as an atheist to speak out about mine?
    Nobody tell me that I don't have faith; I have absolute faith that there isn't a god.
    The whole notion is absurd, and becomes more so the more you think about it.
    The world would be a better place if people gave more thought to the existence of a god instead of "having faith" basically because someone told them they should.
    Are we not alllowed to question the "teachings" of the bible or the qur'an or any other book written by men? Must we blindly follow the stuff in such books, whichever one we are taught to believe in?
    Why does my being a free spirit, a believer in nature and an admirer of the wonders of the universe, offend anyone?
    Religious belief should absolutely be questioned, and anyone has the right to mock it just as much as a "believer" has the right to patronise me for my "lack of faith".
    I don't single out christianity or the bible; all religions are equally absurd.
    Why be offended by any of this? Why leave this site because of it? Isn't your faith supposed to be stronger than that?
    If no-one had "taught" you about god, drummed it into you as a child, would you still have as much belief in the idea now?
    Better to question yourself than run away from criticism of your beliefs.
    xx
      June 4, 2013 10:55 AM BST
  • the funny part about the bible it only doesn't like gay ppl etc out of context for eg

line 3 page 1 you pretty much dropped down dead i didnt know if i should ring 999 because of the laughs we will get from how u died

i hate when ppl quote stuff completely out of context like they do in the bible

well lets look at the lines before hand

1 the comedian fell over on the stage as part of his act as he jumped back he tuck the curtain down
    2 it was so funny you started laughing out of control to appoint where you couldn't stand up
    3 it was funny watching you collapse on the floor it looked like you were having a heart attack or something
    4 you pretty much dropped down dead i didnt know if i should ring 999 because of the laughs we will get from how u died

i think everytime some qouts that dam thing they just know some verse out of context i mean you could take harry potter qoute and make it about halfcast imigration if you wanted to

i mean how could god hate gays etc apparently we are to love our nabour no matter the differences .... its not that its contradictory in the bible its just ppls understanding of it and qouting things to suit there argument what ever it may be

its like the declaration of independants i dont thing the right to bare arms is about weapons they never called guns arms back then arms were arms i think it was a right of marriarge or to hug maybe in the new state of govening they created on that day

June 4, 2013 11:15 AM BST