Good morning of July 2, 2013

• 89 posts
    July 2, 2013 12:19 PM BST

Hello, everybody and good morning over quite a while!

I had a discussion over private messages with Katie. She was kind enough to give me a go ahead for my wish to look around in this place to see if any old friends might be around. I want to say hello to everybody and anybody who would know me and also get to know persons who I have not yet had the pleasure.

I have quite recently taken the step of outing myself as a transvestite. At the age of 56, it is not too early by any means. From the positive reactions by my old friends (who have always known me as a man) in Facebook and elsewhere I have concluded that this should have been done much earlier. Better late than not at all, though.

Having lived in Estonia for the last three years, I visited Finland last week for the first time during these three years. The compelling reason was the funeral of my mother.  I was naturally dressed as her son in the funeral service rather than a daughter but my sisters and their children knew that I was actually their aunt rather than an uncle. All of this is not uncomplicated to cope with.

I am not quite on a mood to scream and jump today but I would be happy to observ it if somebody else would :-)

• 89 posts
    July 2, 2013 2:18 PM BST

By the way, I want to be consequent in my bid to come out. I am therefore doing what I did in a Finnish trans web place community. That is disclosing my male Facebook identity. I would be honoured if any of my Gender Society friends would like to contact with me in Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/unclelarko

• 1652 posts
    July 2, 2013 10:34 PM BST
    Hi Tiina, it's lovely to see you here, though I am so sorry to hear your sad news.
    Good luck in your brave new world out of the closet!
    And a much belated good morning, perhaps I can carry that over for tomorrow.
    xx
    • 89 posts
    July 3, 2013 4:08 AM BST

That would be lovely, Lucy. It is good to hear that somebody is even concidering  to continue with one's traditions.

Furthermore, dear Lucy, I remember you as the very person who knows how to jump and scream. It has been a pleasure and an honour to meet up.

• 89 posts
    July 3, 2013 4:14 AM BST

And about mom, she was not younger than 84 years old. That is an age hardly surprising to die in. In addition, my mother had the Alzheimer's for about 15 years. It may even have been a relief to some of her chiildren that she finally received the peace.

I do know that saying the above is unappropriate. I hope to be excused, nevertheless.

• 1652 posts
    July 3, 2013 10:37 AM BST
    I don't think it's inappropriate, and you certainly have no need to be excused.
    Stay happy.
    xx
    • 89 posts
    July 3, 2013 1:14 PM BST

The thing is that I actually left my mother behind as early as for ten years ago when she had alredy lost her mind. There was not so much point in visiting her any more as she did not even recognize me. My sister told me once that mom had taken her for her own sister once. Our aunt died in 1961, however.

What I have been experiencing quite a lot of in these latest days is childhood memories returning to my mind. These include naturally some private moments that are natural between a child and a mother but there is also something in it that brings back some early thoughts about being a girl. I did not remember having had some of those thoughts which makes it even more complicated.