Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » A list of meds for responces,

A list of meds for responces,

Tags : None
  • I am going to talk with doctor in two days, and a week before i buy these unless he (doc.) help me with perscrtiptions.  so here is what i found

Ethinyloestradoi 10 mcg.

Spirotone 100 mg.

Prometrium 100 mg.

Finpecia 1 mg.

i know when i took the herbals i started to feel better, and when i took the advised amounts i fell back into the same old me feeling. i get hot and cold flashes, and burning feeling up on top of my head and i am feeling just not well again. i am going to tell my doctor all of this, and see what he thinks also. but i figured i would run this by all around here because there people around my age doing the same thing, i know i could take anti depressents for a few years till i get the counselor and doctors approval.  but that means a long time before i start looking like myself, i want to get new womans clothes and grow my hair out with out the balding, i want to feel some thing real in my breast area besides muscle and nothing. sorry ladys and girls but i am in my queen Bee mood ,

i just want to hear what others have to say i can take my time you know slow small doses and adjust after a month of trying it.

July 28, 2013 4:05 AM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    Avoid ethinylestradiol which is a more risky synthetic, instead find 17-Beta (bio-identical) estradiol (Estrofem, Zumenon, Elleste, amongst others). Oestrogel is another option instead of tablets, but more expensive.
    Be very careful with spironalactone, I'd avoid it altogether in fact; estradiol alone will suffice. Spiro is "potassium-sparing", excess potassium can be fatal (hyperkalemia). Estradiol alone will substantially lower testosterone levels, often to almost zero.
    We are not doctors and cannot advise what you should be taking. However some drugs are clearly more dangerous than others.
    xx
      July 28, 2013 9:11 AM BST
  • o.k. i found Siterone ( Cyproterone)  50 mgs. a t blocker anti-androgens and Estrofem 1 mgs. and i know tha i should not and my doctor will not even check my levels for now, but the counseling is going no where fast and the herbals only helped for a breif moument so how does this sound for a starting step. one of each once a day.

and thank you for being honest with me, i know there are risks but i have to do something and i cant get the boys snipped any time soon so i have to do what i can instead

July 30, 2013 10:11 PM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    Just to stress again - Estradiol alone will substantially lower testosterone levels, often to almost zero.
    Cyproterone Acetate is not without risks either, notably liver toxicity. The important thing is that you research anything you plan to take and understand those risks, and seriously consider whether you need to take a particular drug at all.
    Even a low dose of Estrofem alone will radically reduce your testosterone levels. Anti-androgens, especially for the more mature amongst us, may be entirely unnecessary.
    I have no desire to suggest a specific hormone regime to anybody; if you wish to self-medicate it should be based on your own *thorough* research and decisions made thereafter.
    xx
      August 3, 2013 8:54 AM BST
  • Hi,

If you don't mind, I think I might be helpful ( but I do not mean to sound full of myself )  I'm 42 and soon to start self-medicating. ( No, years of therapy with Gender Clinics and full time tests won't help. I've known this since birth and children & finacncial commitments equal no full time for the moment).

My thoughts for others, having researched MTF HRT for a year now is that : if you want any feminising effects, then first you should lower your testosterone levels close to female cissexual levels.  100-200mg Spiro should suffice.  After your T levels are lowered, then should you consider estrogen. Use an anti-androgen in conjuction with estrogen therepy. You really won't want your male body concerting your lovely estrogen back into testosterone :(

I'm not a doctor but I did study computer science and should have half a brain hidden somewhere!

Before any changes in mine, I'll ask my GP if she can run blood tests for (but not limited to) cholesterol, liver function, vitimens (inclu potassium), asting glucose tests and for hormanal levels (inlcuding free testoserone). I recommend this if you consider self-medicating.

After lots of consideration, here follows my plan (subject to changing my mind)  If you find this helpful, then I'm happy.
    I'm over 40 ( non -smoker and healthy and have not reall drunk any alcohol for 18 months and did not drink a lot before.) I am very concerned with estrogen side effects I hope not to run into any....

* My plan

month 1: Spiralactilate 50 mg daily

month 2: Spiralactilate 100 mg daily

month 3: Spiralactilate 100mg, and 0.5 mg 17-Beta estradiol (Estrace) in divided doses morning and evening.

month 4: Spiralactilate 100mg, and 1 mg 17-Beta estradiol (Estrace) in divided doses morning and evening.

month 5: wait and see, and monitor.

month 6: Spiralactilate 100mg, and 1 mg 17-Beta estradiol (Estrace) in divided doses morning and evening taken sublingually.

My months {1..6} written above in my plan may be longer depending on how my body deals with this and if I have side effects, and if I can mitigate them in any way.   Patches would eat my money and cyproterone acetate has liver metabolism problems spiro lacks. 

If you are over 40, like me, then please be extra  careful with self-medication. 17-Beta estradiol in patch form is best to avoid DVT and blood clots. I have read* that 17-Beta estradiol sublingually is advised. Divided doses (cutting your pill in half and taking half in the am and half in pm) should keep levels better balanced and should lesson mood swings. We' adults and we know that trying HRT too quickly and not sticking to your doses can kill us. I've written my plan down and this way I can follow it.

Pretty much all really ;~)  Good luck.

*read don't beloieve everything you read!

This post was edited by Former Member at September 3, 2013 11:48 PM BST
      September 3, 2013 7:53 PM BST
  • I have not heard anything about estrogen being able to change into testrosterone before. 

1. siterone 50 mgs. morn. and night

2. estrofem 1 mg. morn. and night

six days on and one day off from 8/10 to 9/3 with a few days of 2 mgs. of estrofem one day

i was doing alright i have gotten smaller in size from june to now one inch in chest bust and hips . is kind of wierd but i smoke and not great health i sit alot during the days and nights, but i did not stay in any different way or feeling. i gain alot of wieght on herbals and then nothing, not my nipples are getting pointy they dont hurt but feel alright. i get these hot spots on my head both sides right and left, and loosing some hair there, not good for me i like my hair big and thick. 

so one more change in meds. 

this month cytomid 250 mgs cut into fours for one month and i want to add finpercia 1 mg half morn, half night. 

i will look into if estrogen is not good for now or not. but i can leave the estrogen out for a month or three no problems there. 

September 4, 2013 12:02 AM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    No, estrogen will not convert into testosterone. See here:
    http://www.genome.jp/kegg-bin/show_pathway?map00140
    Which shows that estradiol is at the end of the steroid hormone biosynthesis chain; it doesn't work in reverse.
    Heather, if you are thinking of mixing Siterone with Cytomid (cyproterone acetate with flutamide), it sounds like a very bad idea to me. Two highly risky anti-androgens at once? Anti-androgens may not, and probably will not be needed at all, especially in older individuals, if they must be taken then one type will be entirely adequate. Randomly flitting between types is not wise either.
    Also, if you don't take estrogen you won't feminise. That is the last thing you should be leaving out of your regimen!
    Taking estrogen alone will severely reduce testosterone levels, even if you just take a low dose. Don't obsess over the need for anti-androgens, because they're probably not needed. And be warned: spironalactone, cyproterone acetate, and flutamide are all considerably more risky drugs than 17-beta estradiol, which is comparitively safe and is all you need to feminise your body.
    xx
      September 5, 2013 1:35 AM BST
  • thank you i was just going to take the one, i took the siterone 50 mgs and estrofem 1 mg this last month, and a few times this last week i took 2 mgs of estrofem instead of 1 mg. that seemed to help.

how should i say this i felt like the anti-androgens wore off before the 12 hours where up. i was taking them from 8 am to noon in the morning and 6 pm to 10 pm at night. but i had a visiter come bye early am hours like 1 am to 3 am in the morning and i was so horny i kind of ( you know) every chance i got and wanted a whole lot more. the last two days i have cut the 50 mgs in half and took half in the morning and half at night, with out taking any estrofem at all. till i get the next order in,

so setp. 10 on i want to try just taking the estrofem 2 mgs morn. and night for a month or more, and if i still get the hot spots on my head add the finpercia once a day.

i am not in a hurry i am just listening to my body and talking about it here for feedback from others that have been here before me. if i dont have to take the t blockers i will be so happy, but i did feel down to earth when i did, i just see any one that takes them did not stay with 50 mgs morn. and night. 

i think i said this right and not making this confusing to you, and thank you for talking with me and worring about my doing this. i can't wait to move to a rainbow freindly city and really get this working with the counseling and all of the legal stuff, but if i can help out till then it is all worth it to me, when they pay for the meds i am getting all of my hair lazered off .  

September 5, 2013 10:17 AM BST
  • I am currently on:

2 x 100mg of Spironolactone

2 x 2mg of Oestradiol (estrofem)

5mg of Finasteride

1 x 100microgramme per day patch, 2 per week

I have been on the above since February 2013.

The last blood test showed Testosterone at 1.0nmol/l, Free Testosterone 16pmol/l and Oestradiol 460pmol/l when tested in July. The doctor was very pleased with the results.

The spiro and estrofem are 1 each morning and evening. I have not had any noticeable undesirable effects so far.

I am undergoing electrolysis on the beard - currently at about 60 hours. The beard has not got any finer - it just grows more slowly than it used to. Body hair growth has reduced drastically though. There is substantial breast growth, a fair reduction in muscle mass and softening of the skin. I have not really seen any major shift in body fat.

Being able to monitor the hormone levels in the bloodstream is important for safety. So please get that done as soon as you are able to. Tell your doctor you have self medicated - the doctor will know from the blood test, so you can't hide it.

Best of luck with your transition.

September 6, 2013 3:39 PM BST
  • well first off thank you and good luck as well,

i have a few more days of waiting for the mail, i am cutting my anti t blockers in half for now. but it should be here about the 10th or 12th.

my fall attempt

cytomid 250 mgs cut in half  so 125 morn. and then other half at night,

estofem 2 mgs morn. and at night,

and finpercia 1 mg mornings only.

i have to go to the doctors office again and see if he will check my levels. or switch doctors

i sometimes think he just does not think i am telling him what i am saying.

i am glad that the spiro is working aright for you, i read the list and i think i will be aright with my choice,

i found a counselor to see, now just got to get the ride, or camp out near her office from 12 midnight till appointment, some one up there must love having fun with me, because i hate to gamble and here i am doing it.

September 7, 2013 2:03 AM BST
  • On with the crasy walk, i got them on the 21st. and i do understand that the body can and will fight me back on my choices, so  Cytomid is cut into fouth's like 75 mgs. one morning and one night time. and the Finpercia 1 mg. in the mornings. from today on. the local clinic is looking at all of my paperwork and Weds. i get a yes or no on them looking after my health and blood work. ( fingers crossed ) so counseling is left and this old house. a new year in woody town or i go home and walk about til i find my place to be and live. lol the voices around me are buzz ...and i need a drink and a stiff one lol oh boy.

good mroning and crash and burn too. gawd some day my girl will llike me and stay but the meantime is war and mental insanity. hugs

September 30, 2013 1:59 PM BST