Selective Service

Tags : None

Last week i was searching for new topics and I read an artical done that this person claims having talked with someone from selctive service saying that trans men have to apply for selective service. When i looked into it women are not allowed to sign up for selective service. Having had my gender marker change on my driver's licence, but not my birth certificate due to my state not allowing the change I looked further into this. Main reason is I was concerned because you can be denied benefits in the future, not be allowed to get certain jobs etc... due to not being signed up by the age of 25. I turn 25 this year, so was very concerned. I emailed selective services and they replied "IF AN INDIVIDUAL WAS BORN FEMALE THEY ARE NOT TO APPLY FOR SELCTIVE SERVICES. 

I thought this would help clarify anything anyone has heard about trans men and the selective service. Feel free to add your thought and opinions related to this topic.

August 31, 2013 8:08 PM BST
  • Hi Jasper, here in the UK we do not have this selective service -- so could you explain it please as I for one have never heard of it before , THanks

Hugs Rosie

August 31, 2013 9:39 PM BST
  • selective service is for all able bodied men 18 years old to sign up for the military draft.if the american military needs you during war they will draft you,you must go or

go to prison.

September 1, 2013 2:28 PM BST
  • Thanks charlene, I guessed it must be something along those lines, we had national service up untill about 1960 - 61, but nothing like it since.

September 1, 2013 5:26 PM BST

http://www.militarydraftregistration.com/?gclid=CNfH_KXozbkCFSVBQgodixQAiA

For those that don't know about the selective service this is a website that will help explain what it is.

September 15, 2013 5:24 PM BST