Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » The Cooking Forum » Delicious gekookt ei

Delicious gekookt ei

Tags : None
  • Here is a delicious Dutch recipe for you and it is simple.

You will need a cooker , a saucepan , water , one or to eggs or 27 its up to you , you can buy them but if you are a chicken then you can just lay them.

Method . Put some water into the saucepan , what do you mean how much? It depends on how many eggs you have  , if you are opting for the 27 a lot. Heat the water up but don't burn it , now put your eggs in for as long as you like but not untill next week 5 to 10 minute is best .

When they are done take them out of the pan , best use a spoon cos you will burn your fingers if not.

That is it! You now have gekookt ei , or in English boiled eggs. Enjoy and try my whisky cake for dessert.

September 6, 2013 7:42 PM BST
  • For my method you need : An electric kettle, water, 2 or 3 eggs, and a book (paperback approx. 350-400 pages)

Rest the heel of the kettle on the book, the angle keeps the eggs away from the kettle element.  Insert eggs.  Cover with water. Switch on. When boiled wait for a few minutes depending on personal preference, I usually wait 6 mins.  Eh voila! a meal fit for a Queen.

Some use the same water for their tea/coffee but I think the eggshell makes it taste funny.

Look out for more exciting recipies.

Coming soon, home made toast!

September 7, 2013 1:45 AM BST
  • The cooking idea from Science/Math Girl - Use a solar cooker. In this youtube connection here is someone using the Sun only and no water - though it took 3 hours : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfODE7bYNvQ 
    Fun in the Sun : )
      September 7, 2013 2:00 AM BST
  • Home made Toast Heather? Sounds to much like hard work to me , a bit to taxing on my brain . PS: Thanks my kettle is a right mess now they exploded.

Julia x.

September 7, 2013 11:11 AM BST
  • Ah, I see you've discovered the "instant poaching" method.  Well done.

September 7, 2013 12:41 PM BST