Hormones and Feet?

• 146 posts
    September 9, 2013 9:33 PM BST

Hi This might sound funny, but One effect I have noticed over past year , on Oestrogen is that my feet seem to have changed

- Smaller I dragged out some old shoes from the wardrobe , previously uncomfortable and too small,  but now they fit and some actually seem verging on the too big .

- The ball of the foot seems stiffer 

- My toes are more likely to get a cramp if it gets cold. but I do have quite sticky out toes 

Maybe the feet getting smaller is Psychological, but I do recall  a while back I came across on YouTube video in which a Transwomen did mention as on e of the primary and most unexpected effects of HRT was  the feet .

D

• 376 posts
    September 9, 2013 9:43 PM BST

Hi Donna.

It really is not possible for hormones to make your feet smaller! . Your feet are mainly bones covered with very little skin and muscle and bones only shrink with age . Sorry your like me just getting old or older.

Take care , Julia

• 2017 posts
    September 11, 2013 2:59 PM BST

I have to agree with Julia here, Donna. Hormones don't effect your feet. Still, it sounds like a good excuse to go shoe shopping! 

• 126 posts
    September 21, 2013 11:06 AM BST

I have heard this mentioned before and after 13 months of hormones myself, my feet are also a bit smaller. Possibly not a whole size, but deffo smaller than they were, so I agree with Donna on this. A woman at work also told me that her feet had shrunk because she had lost a lot of weight, so its deffo possible.