Question 19

Tags : None

19) If you’re religious, how do your views affect being trans? If you’re not religious, what about your family’s religion?

I'm not religios nor do I believe in any type of higher power. My family is slightly religiouse but not really. Mostly my family just belives in a higher power. Religion hasn't really affected my transition in anyway nor my families belief in a higher power.Though my transition as created a strain on my relationship with my family, but not because of their religios belifs.

What about every one else. What are your thoughts, feelings and experiances.

September 22, 2013 5:50 PM BST
  • 19) If you’re religious, how do your views affect being trans? If you’re not religious, what about your family’s religion?

I was brought up in the Roman Catholic relegion. My father was Catholic, my mother had no church affilation however she was Christian. My Godmother was my religous influance and took me to church on Sunday morning. She also assisted paying tuiton for attending Catholic grade school. I feel if my Godmother knew I was transgendered it would break her heart. My Godmother passed away about twenty years ago. I have not told my mother and my father also passed away about eighteen years ago. I know my mother would be angry if she knew about my other life. I will not tell her that I am transgendered. 

My ex-wife was a born again Christian. After divorce I started dressing in women's clothes on weekends staying out of the public eye. One of my sons came over to my apartment while I was fully dressed in female attire. He did not like seeing me dressed and left saying he didn't want to see me any more. I have not spoken to my sons three of them for almost fifteen years. My ex-wife learned from my son about my crossdressing and wrote to me telling me I was a sinner and to go to church and ask forgivness. I told her she was not a Christian but a meddling old b**ch!

If the power above made me the way I am, then she was wrong. I fail to see where the so called righteous Christians feel that everyone else is a sinner and they are not.

I have not been to church for services other than my fathers and brothers funerals.

Phoebe

This post was edited by Former Member at September 22, 2013 7:12 PM BST
      September 22, 2013 7:11 PM BST

I'm very sorry your story is very sad and that must have been very hard on you. I agree though that how could you be a sinner and if there is a god why would he make you a sinner. Dosn't make sence. You are perfect the way you are.

September 22, 2013 7:23 PM BST