CLOSED: The Gender Society girly weekend in Torquay - May 2014

• 214 posts
    September 30, 2013 12:50 PM BST

Due to other commitments,  Carol has asked me (or is that lumbered me )to take over the organisation of the GS girls week ends in Torquay, so here goes.

OK Ladies, due to the bank holidays in May 2014 the weekend of the  9th – 10th and 11th of May  is the only one the hotel can give us. Although if you wish to spend a whole weekend 'en femme' you may be able to extend it to the week before or week afterwards, by negotiation with Robert.

Please add your name below - AFTER YOU HAVE BOOKED AND PAID YOUR DEPOSIT, ( which is £40.00  non refundable) then I can add it to the list of confirmed bookings.  We cannot afford to let the hotel down like many people did last time round, it was totally unfair on Robert who runs the hotel and makes everybody welcome in his establishment.

The hotel is the Cliff House Hotel, St. Marks Road, Torquay (http://www.cliffhousehotel.co.uk)

Once you have booked with the Cliff House Hotel (Telephone 01803 29 46 56 or Email: [email protected] ask to speak to Robert and mention you will be part of the Gender Society T-Girls in Torquay weekend) please put your name down in a message below as having booked.  There are a small number of single and double bedded rooms, the rest are twin-bedded rooms.

I HAVE JUST BEEN INFORMED THAT THE CANDYFLOSS CLUB WHERE MOST OF THE GIRLS GO ON THE SATURDAY NIGHT HAS CLOSED, SO EFFORTS ARE BEING MADE TO FIND AN ALTERNATIVE

.IMPORTANT NOTICE

Unfortunately, Alan, the owner of the hotel has had to move out of the hotel and it has passed into ownership of his son who is converting it either into flats or into a residential home for the elderly.

The hotel is now closed - so please do not attempt to book.  At the moment the T-Girls in Torquay event is postponed.  I will see if I can find alternative accommodation, but with the closure of several of the gay venues in Torbay recently, this looks a little unlikely.

This post was edited by rosie Bush at November 18, 2013 9:34 AM GMT
    • 214 posts
    September 30, 2013 12:55 PM BST

Name .          willing to share    share with   deposit sent       dates      nights 

Rosie                       n                  0                yes               4- 12th        8

Roslyn                     n                   0                yes              4 - 12           8

Christina                   n                   0                yes               9 - 12          3

Interested but noyt yet booked:-

Mini Mon

Elle and Emma

Victoria Sanderson??

Hannah

rose cox

faye

Siobhan Newell

This post was edited by rosie Bush at October 23, 2013 10:17 PM BST
    • 214 posts
    September 30, 2013 1:06 PM BST

Katie has agreed to make this an official GS event, and is looking at the possibility of arranging a make up demo, if anyone has any other ideas for the weekend  we will be pleased to consider them -- so get booking girls -- places are limited

Hugs Rosie xx

• 15 posts
    September 30, 2013 9:04 PM BST

I'll be there from 4th to 12th May. Making a whole week of it as usual.

Roslyn

• 15 posts
    September 30, 2013 9:08 PM BST

How about a boat trip on the Saturday, Rosie. Several to choose from.

• September 30, 2013 9:34 PM BST

I will book asap rosie and will also sort out the clubbing side of things as i know you love that so much...........lol

Mon xx

• 214 posts
    September 30, 2013 9:35 PM BST

Hi Roslyn --- he he another weeks holiday ros  serprise serprise lol

Boat trip --- that could be an idea --- I will take a poll on that near the time when I know the numbers

Rosie

• 214 posts
    September 30, 2013 9:38 PM BST

Hi Mon--- good for you gall -- oh i do love it when a plan comes together

• 15 posts
    October 2, 2013 11:23 AM BST

I'm booked for 4th to 12th May. I'll have my usual room, with the swimming pool sized bath - lol. Don't forget to buy shares in M&S before I get shopping.

• 214 posts
    October 2, 2013 12:12 PM BST

Thanks roslyn ---- you are now on the list--- now where did i put my stock brokers phone number -- giggles   

I have also added an "interested" list  for those who have not booked yet.

• October 4, 2013 9:38 PM BST

M&S shares going up again..............lol

• October 10, 2013 6:58 PM BST

deffo interested, will likely book tommorow!

• 214 posts
    October 10, 2013 9:45 PM BST

Hi Christina , great , I have added your name on list -- looking forward to seeing you again

• October 11, 2013 4:36 PM BST

hiya, yeah look forward to seeing you again, and everyone, have called and booked, they want me to send a cheque for the deposit! cant remember the last time i sent a cheque lol!

• 214 posts
    October 11, 2013 6:39 PM BST

Hi Christina, - great , how many nights and which dates have you booked for, so that I can update the list, thanks

• October 11, 2013 9:44 PM BST

hiya doing friday to monday so arriving on the 9th leaving on the 12th

This post was edited by Former Member at October 11, 2013 9:45 PM BST
    • 214 posts
    October 11, 2013 9:53 PM BST

Thanks Christina --- my guess is you will not want to share

• November 17, 2013 2:15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Unfortunately, Alan, the owner of the hotel has had to move out of the hotel and it has passed into ownership of his son who is converting it either into flats or into a residential home for the elderly.

The hotel is now closed - so please do not attempt to book.  At the moment the T-Girls in Torquay event is postponed.  I will see if I can find alternative accommodation, but with the closure of several of the gay venues in Torbay recently, this looks a little unlikely.

• 214 posts
    November 18, 2013 9:40 AM GMT

Thanks to Carols local knowlage we have found out about the hotel closing. which is sad and very upsetting,however I will be attempting to contact the new owner in order to clarify the situation, and to obtain refunds for those of us who have paid a deposit. I will keep those concerned upcated as soon as possible.

• 214 posts
    November 21, 2013 7:38 PM GMT

Hi
    Torquay GS girls weekend May 2014 --- news update 21 Nov 2013
    This afternoon I missed a call from the cliff house hotel, as I thought it was in response to the letter I had sent
     I called back, the phone was answered by LUCY – who knew nothing about the call to me. However she told me that
    Robert had retired and that Allun had moved out and the new owner Jeremy had moved in and that his aim is to continue
     with it as an hotel (complete  closure it seems is his last option) – but possibly to close during January in order
     to re-furbish.  This means that our May event may yet go ahead. Lucy has promised to keep me informed of the situation,
     so in the meantime DO NOT try to book or send deposits. It may well be February before we can be sure of the situation,
     in the mean time I will post updates as and when I get them
    Hugs
    Rosie 

• November 21, 2013 10:32 PM GMT

Ah that's good to hear, converting britains oldest lgbt hotel into flats doesn't seem right somehow! x