Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » UK Forum » IMPORTANT NOTICE: Re T-Girls in Torquay Weekend

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Re T-Girls in Torquay Weekend

Tags : None
  • IMPORTANT NOTICE

Unfortunately, Alan, the owner of the hotel has had to move out of the hotel and it has passed into ownership of his son who is converting it either into flats or into a residential home for the elderly.

The hotel is now closed - so please do not attempt to book.  At the moment the T-Girls in Torquay event is postponed.  I will see if I can find alternative accommodation, but with the closure of several of the gay venues in Torbay recently, this looks a little unlikely.

For those who have already booked and paid a deposit, I am trying to locate the new owner to make sure that your deposits are refunded.  However, I do not know if Robbie kept a record of your addresses and some of you will have paid by cheque with a name different to what you have here, so it might be difficult to correlate names and addresses.  Please contact the hotel (01803 294656) asap and ask for your deposit to be returned imediately.  I will try and contact the owner myself and try and expedite this for you, however, I might require your personal details in order to make sure your deposits are returned.  I will add something here if need be.  Christine, you are the only one that I don't have details for so, if you want to PM me your mobile number, I can keep you up to date over developments.

Thank you - and my apologies to everybody, I know many of you were looking forward to meeting up again in May.

Carol

November 17, 2013 2:26 PM GMT
  • That's a shame Carol, but I think most of the girls there in September knew it was struggling.....I hope there is another venue available but understand this might be the end for TorqGirls. I prey not as it is a great weekend.....Good luck and will keep watching..XX

November 17, 2013 5:52 PM GMT
  • I am liasing with Monique at the moment Karen and we are hopeful that we can move the weekends from Torquay to Bristol where they have a range of really great pubs and nightclubs, not to mention the fabulous shopping experience at Cabot's Circus and the many other places of interest in Bristol (such as Brunel's SS Great Britain and his world famous suspension bridge which spans the Bristol Gorge).

So keep watching and hopefully something will be announced later.

Photo is at one of the clubs in Bristol called the QueensShilling

November 17, 2013 6:44 PM GMT