Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Passing in public » not sure if i pass yet ?

not sure if i pass yet ?

Tags : None
  • i just need a little help from all you girls and guys on here, im changing all the time during my transition but my looks and confidence stop me from going out as im not sure if i can pass well enough. just wondered if some of you would mind giving me you honest opinion. please check out my profile pic.

love tina xx

November 28, 2013 6:07 PM GMT
  • Peronaly I think you look amazing, but there is no requirement for you to brazen it out, time will give you  the confidence to take advantage of how you already look   Just be careful.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      November 28, 2013 6:12 PM GMT
  • 1 146

Yes be careful,  the more you go out the more the confidence builds up .I have to say there is a certain neccesity to going out   as not 100% , because you face up to questions about how this female is going to live in society, doing the simple things  . What I found as unexpected is that just  going out and shopping ,having a coffee, walking in the Park, you will get some really positive reactions from certain people in an unspoken sort of way. There are actually people out there in society who are really nice and helpful and not judgemental.Maybe they realize , but If you smile and get on with life as you , then going out becomes a joy as it should be . I think its  good to find places and situations you feel  comfortable with, its good to cultivate these . Just relax.  

<p>Donna_V</p>
      November 28, 2013 9:54 PM GMT
  • Hi Tina, 

It's not always easy to tell from a profile picture as there is a lot more to passing than that, i.e. mannerisms and speech etc. However, you picture looks like you would have no issues. 

You do need to get out more though in order to make it happen and I don't mean to a TG bar. Go to the real world for a coffee, a walk and a browse around the shops as Donna has already said. Be careful not to overdress either, which is a pretty common mistake made by TG and GG women. Remember where you are going and dress appropriately. you don't want to stand out for all the wrong reasons. Dress down a little if anything to begin with which will allow you to gauge how well you are doing before you take it to the next level. If you lack confidence, a skirt and heels will make you feel on edge all the time and people will notice you because of it. Jeans or leggings, on the other hand, with a long top and boots might make you feel a little less obvious and allow you to build up your confidence ready in time for next summer when you can take to the streets in a skirt. 

Remember, however hard it feels, it gets easier each time until it is no longer a issue, and I promise you that will happen much sooner than you think. 

Nikki

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      December 1, 2013 12:19 PM GMT
  • Great thoughts and advice by Nikki  Tongue out

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      December 1, 2013 12:28 PM GMT
  • thanks to you all for your great advice its much appreciated xx

December 1, 2013 9:47 PM GMT
  • i'm 65 and pass for someones grandmother and the best advice  i can give you is dress your age and just blend in

December 12, 2013 7:08 PM GMT
  • I have a male face and really nothing will ever change that.  I live as who I am, a woman, and if people can't appreciate that and accept me for who I am, that is their problem.  All I request is acceptance and not to be judged by the outter, but by the inner.

Bobbi

January 4, 2014 3:24 PM GMT