Just feels like Me

• 11 posts
    December 16, 2013 10:51 AM GMT
    It's been a while since I dressed, and I have missed it,,,I bought some tights, and, OMG they feel so good on!!! I need to admit that I am a mixture, female and male, and fall into it...A very good gg friend said that I was almost a girl, directed me to a lingerie store and glamour magazine, and,if she knew, would at least give me support, I think..Anyway, the journey continues!
    • 35 posts
    December 24, 2013 10:22 AM GMT

A good GG friend can be a wonderful gift and blessing.  For so many of us, those early years, whether it's just as closeted CDs or as pre-transitioned and closeted transsexuals, having the secret and not being able to share it can be so lonely and painful.

As a transsexual who hid in the closet for 30 years, I felt like nobody knew ME.  I had created a character that allowed me to survive, an intellectual bully, a clown, and a chameleon, but I could never show my TRUE FACE to anyone.

When I told my room-mate and she acted accepting, I decided to marry her.  Unfortunately, the acceptance didn't even make it to the wedding and for the next 9 years I struggled, knowing that she knew, that almost nobody else did, and not knowing if I would ever be accepted, if I would be condemned to the mask, and solitary confinement, for the rest of my life.  It began to show in my health and my weight, which nearly doubled.

Fortunately, I was able to talk to a few AA sponsors, then to a marriage counselor, and finally to a gender counselor.  It took the marriage counselor 2 sessions to realize that I was not only transsexual, but would probably self destruct or worse if I didn't transition.  At that time, I didn't know what a 'Type 6 Transsexual" actually was.

After my first wife and I got divorced, I came out in a big way, and met some GGs who were VERY supportive.  It was obvious to them, and soon to everybody else, that Debbie was the real me!  Debbie had energy, vitality, enthusiasm, genuine interest in people, and would share feelings and let others share their feelings.  I had been set free.  Eventually, I did reach the point where I was able to transition without unacceptable consequences, and I have found myself happier than I ever could have imagined.

• 28 posts
    January 19, 2014 3:53 PM GMT

I'm not transgender but I know what you mean about wearing any female clothing.

Sometimes I go weeks in men's clothes, and then I get the urge. When it's strong it feels so right to be slipping into tights, a nice tailored skirt and heels. It's so annoying our pathetic society says 'men cannot dress like women'.

I know if society was less backward, I'd probably be dressing as a woman every day, but I must admit at the moment I am too fat to make myself look good as a woman.

I tried a diet but it didn't work. My dream is to be slim and I'd go out more often dressed. At the moment it's a dream.