Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » how to avoid genital shrinkage?

how to avoid genital shrinkage?

Tags : None
  • i am very curious and open to being transgender, i have given thought to it for quite awhile (years), i'm 27 now and i would like to undergo such journey, but what has kept me from doing it is insecurity and fear of loosing the size of my member, i wish to become a transgender but i wish to keep my genital and i wish to keep it running and in optimal condition, i would never sacrifice it, i thank any good advice that could tell me how to undergo this journey without loosing the size or the power of my member

thanks

January 8, 2014 10:47 PM GMT
  • I have heard that normal usage of ones bits tends to keep the muscle from atrophying..

January 9, 2014 2:41 AM GMT
  • i don't have a problem with that, i used it often, i was just wondering if the estrogen actually shrinks the tissue or not?

January 9, 2014 2:43 AM GMT
  • As far as i have heard the tissue only shrinks if its not in use..

January 9, 2014 3:20 AM GMT
  • Shrinkage is a myth.

I don't use it at all, and have not done so for many years but I do wash it.

There's no change in size even after over 10 years of meds.

^*_*^

January 9, 2014 10:29 AM GMT
  • As long as you stay on therapeutic doses of estrogen... YES

Are you a transsexual woman?

The basis, being the need to feminise the body, add breast tissue and reduce body hair growth.

Then you get beyond the go back stage, any effects can be permanent.

beer contains oestrogen,   Thats  why some men who consume large amounts usually have a permanant soft on, lol.

The amount of shrinkage varies, but over time the amount can be significant.  One reason that a maximum period before SRS is undertaken, to maxamise the available tissue to use for reconstructive surgery.  Erectile function can be seriously affected.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
    This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at January 9, 2014 11:53 AM GMT
      January 9, 2014 11:27 AM GMT
  • Well, like i said i would never sacrifice my member, i value it too much, and it is a relief to hear from some of you that it does not shrink, i do not plan nor ever will do an srs surgery, but i do consider as the end step of my transgender journey the ffs surgery (which is by the way kind of costly, the same as a car), but that is okey, laser treatment to remove facial hair would be one of the first steps for me to take (along with hormonization), my first steps with hormones will be DIY, with pills and either oestrogen or estradiol valerate (which is not as harmful as the sinthetic etinyl estradiol), the anti androgen i have in mind is a very easy one to get called spironolactone, but ciproterone acetate is also easy to get where i live (colombia), i do not plan to take progestins yet, but i don't think i would need them anyway, and on my dating life i will continue to date women, and men as well, being transgender is a path that simply would allow me to show myself to the world as the way i see myself inside and as how i want to project myself to the world, i am about to start this journey, but this journey will not make me gay or straight, i will still continue to be myself but i will feel a lot better

another thing that has gotten me thinking is that i want to have children in the future, i know hormones can put you in a position in which you can't have children (but that's from years of taking hormones), which is why i have also considered to freeze some of my seed (the downside of this is the cost in the long term, labs charge a lot), but this would allow me to have children in the future with a lesbian or straight wife by artificial insemination

for me being transgender is not a limitation, it does not stop you from having a family or getting a great job or being an important person, its just a means that allows you to project yourself as who you are to the world.

Thanks

January 10, 2014 3:16 AM GMT
  • My penis seems to have shrank over the years. I was about 6.5 inches when I was 18. Now I struggle to get five inches, and I'm not even taking any pills.

I'm just a crossdresser.

Not that I use mine often. I haven't had sex with a woman in 5 years, nor with anyone else for that matter. I don't know why, but it's never my top priority.

This post was edited by Kitty Koil at January 19, 2014 3:47 PM GMT
      January 19, 2014 3:46 PM GMT
  • Perhaps it only shrinks if you don't use, like people say, if you don't use it you loose it, perhaps that's truth, when i don't have sex for a long time my penis seems to get sick, it needs to be used often, the penis is a tool that has to be used a lot to keep it healthy

January 19, 2014 5:24 PM GMT
  • Sholari Fenway said:

Perhaps it only shrinks if you don't use, like people say, if you don't use it you loose it, perhaps that's truth, when i don't have sex for a long time my penis seems to get sick, it needs to be used often, the penis is a tool that has to be used a lot to keep it healthy

You might be right. I guess I need to use it again.Cool

January 19, 2014 6:53 PM GMT
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    If you start taking hormones and/or anti-androgens you are almost certainly going to get some shrinkage after a while.
    Anyone who says that won't happen actually means it hasn't happened to them, and I would suggest that they are in the minority. With respect, I think it's a little irresponsible to claim that shrinkage on hormones is a myth when myself and Cristine amongst others on this site, and thousands of girls online have testified to it being a fact. We're all different, but this is something that has to be considered more than just a vague possibility, and certainly not a myth. 
    Size, virility and fertility are all likely to be affected by hormones. you'll be taking tablets which affect your entire body's physiology, what do you expect?!
    xx
      April 22, 2014 1:20 PM BST
  • Hi Pet.

I some how don't think you will like this. I am going to say what others are most likely thinking so prepare yourself! Are you sitting down? .

You wish to become transgender? Well you either are or not you don't really just become one , maybe you phrased it wrong so I will give you that one .

Now the serious stuff . You are concerned about "Your member" Shrinking! You later say your first steps will be hormones DIY.

DIY Is not a good idea , hormones "can kill" if not monitored by a doctor with blood tests . Or your could just have a stroke or many other things and survive. You can mess your whole life up.

Topic! You are concerned about it shrinking! I will give you a good honest opinion and do not take this the wrong way. It will most likely shrink , that word "Shrink" Should be your first step not hormones. You really need to see one , and I mean a psychiatrist.

What you have written in this thread you need to tell a psychiatrist  first before you take any step anywhere.

That is good advice and I mean it , it is not meant in a way to make you feel bad , it is meant in a way to hopefully get you to take a good long think about your future . Your member shrinking should be the last thing on your mind , if you end up in a wheel chair you could need someone to wipe your arse. Sorry if the truth hurts but , it is your own interest to get your head clear. You have been given advice from others here and facts about what can happen to your member. Now you have had some from me.

I wish you the best.

Julia .

I have edited 2 spelling mistakes not my post.

This post was edited by Former Member at April 22, 2014 11:08 PM BST
      April 22, 2014 4:49 PM BST
  • Pretty much agree that it's a sad state of affairs when whether your penis skrinks or not determines your gender identity. You do not decide to be transgender, you either are or you are not. I find it amusing that someone would actually measure their penis. Do people really do that? 

I don't mean to make light of things but Julia is right. Everyone's first concern should be about what's inside the head between your sholders. It's really important to know what you need vs. what you want. I want a lot of things, most of which I don't need. Well not yet anyway.......

Thing is, I won't preach about DIY hormones or those prescribed. Both are dangerous, one maybe more so than the other. I do have something to say about knowing what you need. It's a hard thing to figure out but it's not impossible to do. What you need is always going to be different from one day to the next and when you figure that out things get a little easier. Nothing is set in stone and your little penis should already know that. It is a rather little thing when you consider all that's on your mind.......Right? :) 

April 22, 2014 10:16 PM BST
  • Now I am realy confused.com.   You want to keep a fully functioning willy,   you have just posted a new profile picture,   Why the hell do you want to go on HRT,  presume you want to grow a bust, do you want to keep the beard as well?   Sorry I just find your post illconsidered and rather pureile.   Put plainly I think your taking the piss!. 

Or your seriously deluded,.  You said:-

''for me being transgender is not a limitation, it does not stop you from having a family or getting a great job or being an important person, its just a means that allows you to project yourself as who you are to the world''.    Oh! if,, only it was that simple.

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at April 22, 2014 11:19 PM BST
      April 22, 2014 10:45 PM BST
  • I personally do not think "any" Transgender person would display an image with more hair on their face than on their head in a public forum. A female to male would proudly do it yes.

Taking the piss came to my mind Crissie but , I gave the benefit of the doubt because laser treatment was mentionedSmile And relationships. Again in my personal opinion I think a very close relationship with some scissors followed by Gillette (multi pack) would be a good start.

Julia

April 22, 2014 11:19 PM BST
  • I won't deny that Mr. Cowbud, (?) , may have some issues regarding gender. Off to a bad start is how most of us get started. We don't stay there for long though. Maybe if we give the little Pet a chance she'll find her way home. 

This post was edited by Former Member at April 23, 2014 12:08 AM BST
      April 23, 2014 12:05 AM BST
  • Bad start ChrissySmile? . 27 Years old should really know by now. Anyone want to adopt a pet?.

A message to the one who started this thread.

Now both Crissie and myself have mentioned "Taking the piss" I hope you are not because it seems that way to us. We go through a lot of sh*t in ours lives sometimes. We do our best to make it good and , we kind of help each other out along the way. If you want help and answers then this is the place. If you are just taking the piss then maybe google would be of some help! It does not answer back.

I some how think you are not going to like this when you log in.

April 23, 2014 12:24 AM BST
  • Some people are just so ungratefull. They come here for advice and we all do our very best , then they go off and win the Eurovision contest and forget that The Gender Society exists . That is what fame does to people .

This post was edited by Former Member at June 9, 2014 6:14 PM BST
      June 8, 2014 10:50 PM BST
  • A song for Pet.

http://youtube.com/embed/ye-65P1ZHw4

June 17, 2014 11:33 PM BST
  • Sorry but I have always been small but even small as it was, it is too big and I'm loving that after only 2 weeks on hormones it's getting even smaller - if it disappeared totaly I can't say I'd be unhappy, except for the problems it will present my surgeon come SRS! 

In my early 20's I was almost 4" but never quite ~ but by my late 20's it was 3" and shrinking. Diagnosed in my 30's as hypogonal and in Andropause I was prescribed testosterone supplements ~ even on T I continued to shrink.

During my pre-meds assessments, one of the things that seemed important in my gender dysphoria ~ is my lifelong dislike of my male genitalia and if transitioning meant keeping it ~ I'd rather look for some other way to not be who I was.

This post was edited by Former Member at July 7, 2014 9:26 PM BST
      July 7, 2014 9:23 PM BST
  • Seriously doubt the authenticity of this publisher. Penile size does not dictate gender or how a person identifies in a gender role. Someone who identifies with penile size should be seeking professional help. 

July 30, 2014 4:09 AM BST
  • One more word about this "Demented"...................LaughingLaughing

July 30, 2014 9:15 AM BST
  • Yup, Something is  wrong. I don't get how transgender concerns a penis. Unless of course your not trans and want to keep the little thing that grew between your legs.   LOL

July 31, 2014 7:41 AM BST
  • What effect does female hormone therapy have on a male, and how soon?

The longer after puberty hormone therapy is started, the less effective it is--but not a linear scale, e.g., results are considerably more dramatic in an 18 year old than a 28 year old, but results are not on the average dramatically different between a 38 year old and a 48 year old.

The following effects have been observed in varying degrees--anywhere from little to moderate--with extended treatment. With effective and continuous dosages, most of the changes that a particular body is genetically prone to start within 2 to 4 months, will start leveling off somewhat within 2 years, and be mostly done within 5 years. The leveling may take longer if the testes are not removed. High levels of estrogen will cause faster development up to a point, but not better results in the long term than moderate levels of estrogen..

Fertility decreases. Sperm count drops rapidly. Sometimes it returns to almost normal if hormonal treatment is discontinued within the first couple of months, but permanent sterility can occur in as little as six months. This should not be counted on for birth control, because a miniscule sperm count might remain until the testes are surgically removed. Estrogens, progesterones, and gonadal androgen production inhibitors are the chemicals responsible for lowering fertility. It appears to the author that the other types of anti-androgens do not necessarily effect fertility--but one would be wise to take frequent fertility tests if one chooses to employ only the other types of anti-androgens with the intent of maintaining fertility.
    Male sex drive decreases. Directly stimulated erections can become infrequent and difficult to maintain. Spontaneous erections usually stop. Semen secretion decreases, usually resulting in less intense ejeculatory orgasms (however, the ability to achieve a satisfying orgasm--even with little or no semen--is determined more by psychological factors and frequent practice than anything else). The testes and prostate atrophy. The penile skin also shrinks if erections are not regularly encouraged.
    Breast size increases. Typical growth is one to two cup sizes below closely related females (mother, sisters). The growth is not always symmetrical--neither is it for females. Sometimes the areoles and nipples swell, but generally not significantly, unless the body is less than a decade past puberty.
    Fat is redistributed. The face becomes more typically female in shape. Fat tends to move away from the waist and toward the hips and buttocks.
    Body hair growth (not including head, face, or pubic area) slows, becomes less dense, and may lighten in color.

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at April 24, 2022 6:45 AM BST
      January 25, 2016 10:27 PM GMT