Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Great Transgender Nightspots » Edmonton, Canada - everywhere!

Edmonton, Canada - everywhere!

Tags : None
  • Truly, although this region is heavily homo- and transphobic, restaurant and club owners know it's profitable to let the gaggle of (or solo) crossdressers into their establishment - after all, our money is the same colour as anyone else's, and we tip well. So it's probably better to say where to avoid: the two hardcore country bars on the southside and the one on the west end, all the bars in the Boyle Street area, and a few neighbourhood bars in Beverly, central Castledowns and Millwoods.

Our tranny group has a couple dozen hotspots we favour: Brewster's in Oliver Square, Normand's at the Citadel, the Underground Tap&Grill on Jasper Ave, Earl's on Jasper and on 104St, all the Sorrentino's locations, Dawaat and Block 1912 on Whyte, Brigitte's on 97th St, Wasabi Sushi Bar in Lendrum, on and on, you get the drift.

The queer bars, Evolutions Wonderlounge and Buddy's/Woody's, are decent places to drop in for a beer, when solo enfemme. I step out anywhere I want, always have a good time, but at my size (5'4"/163cm), you can either be a subby sissy or you can take-no-grief from the obnoxious, and I tend to the latter (but if he's a hunky stud-like object with manners, I'll play the game!).

When I attended my first Illusions social in 2001, the answer to my question of best-place-to-shop was "Edmonton". This applies to nightclubbing; every single time I step out I make more galpals who want to go out and party with their gurlfriends. And hey, I seriously Do Not Pass...

February 24, 2014 7:20 PM GMT