Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Just one of my ideas and observations

Just one of my ideas and observations

Tags : None
  • I have many ideas to make GS a better place to be. Even though this is the best website I have found for us it can get better.

I think Madeleine was a bit taken back by a post I made yesterday , it was based on "my observations only" and was based on my own opinion.

So here we are as I said on the best website for us! Another observation that drives me crazy or frustrates me.

Rosie has a welcome new members link and it is used very often , I do not count them but I see new new members joining everyday. WHERE ARE THEY? That is what I would like to know. They join and get a nice welcome then , go into some strange black hole somewhere never to be seen again. They remain members but just never return so why? . Well it could be that they thought this was going to be a sex driven website then , got a shock to see that this website is far better than that , it has morals.

So how can this site get those new members involved? If they hung around long enough they may find a reason but they don't . I see them say thing like "Its great to be here and thank you for the welcome" Then they vanish. Rosie will be redundent soon at this rate , maybe it should be Rosies welcome and goodbye post!!!.

We have a good group of members who interact here but there should be more. Some recognition for good things including maybe? , Helping other members via these forums and feedback ect. Other members experiences are very important for new members to learn from and should be rewarded , as I done for Madeleine but It is not official So any ideas? Would you like your name on something like the image I am now going to add?. As I said it is a reason to interact more.

Take care all , Julia x

This post was edited by Former Member at April 3, 2014 10:28 AM BST
      April 3, 2014 10:27 AM BST
    Hi,
    I think there are many reasons why some members join and then seem to disappear. I've joined a few sites where I may seem to have disappeared. For some of them I'm still there "in spirit" and will still check in from time to time, for others I may return to close my account. It may be part of each individual's process, just discovering where they feel the best fit or most at home. Another reason would be that we all have different ways of learning about and expressing ourselves, and different comfort levels with various means of contributing to the community. Then of course there are those with busy schedules, the list of reasons is about as long as the number of members. As much as I hate to even acknowledge it, there are also those who create profiles looking for cheap thrills of various kinds. I would never want to silence anyone, but perhaps some additional site features or privileges could be limited not necessarily to paying members but rather to members who have logged in X number of times in Y amount of time or who have contributed X number of content items. I'm not sure about those ideas, just throwing them out there. I don't believe in silencing anyone who can't afford membership for whatever reason or is afraid or not ready to post much.
    Madeleine : ) This post was edited by M G at April 3, 2014 12:00 PM BST
      April 3, 2014 11:58 AM BST