Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Not a teenage dream

Not a teenage dream

Tags : None
  • At 46, a future life as a svelte, seductive and young woman is impossible because of, well my age as a man. Keeping fit, eating well and carefully applied make-up and preparation may assist in my attempts to look and feel good, but creams and ointments don't turn back the real clock. So do I stare at post-menopausal women and see them as role models, no I'm afraid not. I share the dreams offered by photoshopped models, youthful dolls with bouffant hair and wrinkle-free laughter. But I should learn to love more about the older woman, because that is the only woman I might be. So who are your mature role models if you are of a similar vintage? Which women prove that you can have it all - including the experience of life itself?
    Hey, and 46 isn't past it you know. Sexuality, self-confidence and vitality are all achievable attributes.

Strut your mature stuff.

X
    a girl at heart and a proper person too
    This post was edited by Rachel de Blanc at April 5, 2014 11:21 PM BST
      April 5, 2014 11:20 PM BST
  • I'm a few weeks off 51, and loving it. Svelte, seductive, young? Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad...
    We can't do anything about our age, we can only try to the make the best of our looks, but we can have control of our outlook, our attitude to life. You only get one shot, make the most of it; be who you want to be.
    I don't really have role models, but about looking good for your age - have you seen 60 year old Christine Brinkley recently? Here she is aged 53. Knockout!  
      This post was edited by Lucy Diamond at April 6, 2014 10:03 AM BST
      April 6, 2014 9:58 AM BST
  • I may be delusional, but I believe that one can become ALMONT anything that one WANTS. It simply requires persistence and a genuine gesire to achieve that goal. Oh, I should also mention patience. I suggest that you look at the photo to the left as well as my photo albums and ask whether that person looks aesthetically attractive or not.  I can tell you that for at least the last 20 years, life has progressively gotten better for me. I am in all senses living the dream. However, I constantly, but joyfully remembered the goal and did the work. Now, I must tell you that I am 78, going on 79 soon, and I feel extrtaordinary.  A couple of weeks ago, I went dancing for nearly three hours straight and had a blast with all of my dance partners. The secret is relax, don't be up tight about anything, be true to yourself and don't forget the dream. At your young age you have many years to become glamorous if you want to, or not if you don't want this. Life is beautiful; we have choices.

Hugs. 

Jacqueline

April 6, 2014 5:15 PM BST
  • Sandra Bullock would be a good role model for me, as I think she has carried her age very well. To quote Indiana Jones.....

"It's not the years, it's the mileage."

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      April 24, 2014 4:09 PM BST