Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » USA Forum » Sending mixed signals

Sending mixed signals

Tags : None
  • First, let me say that my personal philosophy on religion and it's place in society is not reflected in this post.

The Baptist Church is sending mixed signals to it's followers and the world in two articles that I found in the news today. In one article a mtf transgender student sued Cal Baptist for the right to attend classes at Cal Baptist. The ruling judge said the student could not be barred from Cal. Baptist's businesses (cafeterias, coffee houses, book stores, etc) that are open to the public but was not allowed to attend classes. Cal Baptist says the student engaged in fraud by saying that she was female on her college application and that they welcome transgender students. The Calvary Baptist church in Washington, Virginia is allowing a mtf transgender minister who, before transitioning, was a paster of a central Texas Baptist church to return to the pulpit to preach as well as providing mentoring and pastoral care.

This post was edited by Marissa Mallo, News Hound at July 12, 2014 7:31 PM BST
      July 12, 2014 7:31 PM BST
    A mixed signal is still better than a one-sided negative one. It shows that more positive change is coming. The door has at least been opened a crack. As hypocrisy is exposed, awareness is raised, the uneducated become educated, and fear turns to acceptance...clear signals, and greater things can emerge.
      July 12, 2014 8:29 PM BST
  • NIcely put, as always!

July 12, 2014 11:20 PM BST