Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Make-Up Tips » Do I look my age? Yes I do I think.

Do I look my age? Yes I do I think.

Tags : None
  • People in my life whom I meet daily say they do not believe me when I tell them I am getting close to 57 years old. I usually just say , don't lie when they say I look in my early to mid forty's. Officially with the life I have had I should look about 134 years old. They ask what is my secret?. I do not have one. My make up takes me about 10 minutes to apply. It is very minimal , yes I do have a few wrinkles but over doing it with foundation will make them stand out. When you apply foundation you could do as I do , just a tiny blob (less than half a pea size) blended in on one side of the face and nose then the same for the other side. Then a tiny blob on the chin blended downwards and sidewards on the neck.

I use no moisturiser morning or night , the one thing I do use is a facial scrub morning and night. A good facial scrub will remove any dead skin , that also removes all traces of make up , it feels good too. Keeping your pores clean is very important , at night or day after use with the facial srcub your natural skin oils will appear , that means no need to add artificial oils.

I still say I do look my age but when I meet others my own age I can see what others mean. Some people just let themselves go , all I can do is my best with what I have , my best is least not more.

If you are in my age group or any age group just give it a go. You can pay well over the top for what they call natural skin care products. If you look at the ingredients they are not natural. The word Natural is just what it says and means , nothing artificial.

The attached photo was taken today , 2nd of August 2014 , it is raw , that means it has not been enhanced or messed with , just resized for upload. So this is just how everyone in my life see's me , it took me just 10 minutes to apply my make up as it does most days. It is not a pretty sight but I get by just fine.

Take care , Julia xx

Edit: Image removed

This post was edited by Former Member at September 21, 2014 3:48 PM BST
      August 2, 2014 9:15 PM BST
  • Julia, 

I receive that comment much more often than I care for.  In my case it is mid 50's- early 60's.  According to my Driver's license I am 71.  Personally I don't see it  Maybe just my outlook on life showing through.  I do cleanse with mild soap and water, and twice a week use a scrubbing clenser.  I use moisturizer daily.  rarely any make-up ( here I am world, take me as I am).  

I may never be a beauty queen ( poor choice of word), or even a "why did she bother signing up?".  But I am proud to be the girl I am, and someday, maybe, I 'll be the woman I dream of.

Bobbi

This post was edited by Bobbi gruetter at September 2, 2014 9:14 PM BST
      August 13, 2014 12:58 PM BST

its true that too much powder and/ or foundation can emphasise wrinkles rather than hide them. the secret is in moderation (which is a learned art!). im nearly 52 and moisturise everyday whether i wear make up or not. scrubbing cleansers i think are great too..i'd use them about as frequently as Bobbie..once maybe twice a week.

having said that, there is no hard and fast rule for everyone, each of us has different skin types which may benefit from different applications. avoid smoking and excess drinking...aww who am i kidding! that was meant for everyone else.

September 2, 2014 9:21 PM BST
  • Debbie, 

You are quite right about there being no one set of "rules" for makeup.  The closest "rule" I know of it keep skin clean and, as you, moisturize.

The quit smoking was a rough one, but I did it because I am in the early/mid phases of HRT, and they do not go together.

But to eliminate excess drinking, I would rather have my left arm removed (and I'm left handed).  I always wait till 5:00, but I'm sure its 5:00 somewhere.

Bobbi

This post was edited by Bobbi gruetter at October 8, 2014 9:57 PM BST
      September 4, 2014 12:35 PM BST