Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » A GS Member Emergency fund.

A GS Member Emergency fund.

Tags : None
  • I read somewhere on GS recently something that Katie posted. I cannot find that post to put a link here but it was about setting up an emergency fund for members who are in desperate need. When I say desperate need I mean such as Amy where there is proof that it is a real need. Not something like "I cannot afford hormones please help". I am sure Katie said at the time that it may be hard to set up. Well it could be set up in the same way that Amy's donation box is but put to one side for emergencys.

Members could even put things they no longer need up on the auction feature that rarely gets used with all the money going into the fund. Now that is one way of helping without it costing the donator anything.

We have ways here of helping contribute towards the running costs of GS that need to keep going but , how about a Member donation badge for anyone who helps? Just a thought but it shows you care. We do not need badges to show we care but as a group we do need to pull together in a crisis.

Any further ideas???.

And all of you guests online!!!! . I have just checked and I know you will read this and many other things

"Amy's donation box works to non members"

http://gendersociety.com/donation-box/index.html

Do guests have hearts?? Come on you know you want to its nearly Christmas.

Take care Julia xx

This post was edited by Former Member at November 29, 2014 5:31 PM GMT
      November 26, 2014 6:27 PM GMT
  • I think an emergency fund to help out members would be a great oppotunity to give back. Sometimes in the daily comings and goings of life we forget how good we have it. We have all needed help at one time or another. Wouldn't it be nice to be part of that let's us "pay it forward" once in awhile?

xxoo

marissa

November 29, 2014 5:35 PM GMT
  • If just 20 members gave One Dollar a week it would add up to 1040 Dollars in a year Marissa. If that were sitting in a secure place right now then it would help Amy out big time. As you say it could happen to anyone at anytime.

Take care , Julia

November 29, 2014 10:27 PM GMT
  • I've been fortunate and have always managed to get by.But we as a group do often get ignored. That leaves only us to help each other. I'd be willing to contribute something.( there,but for the grace of the Goddess,go I)

<p>Hugs,Jan</p>
      November 30, 2014 2:25 AM GMT
  • Untill Amy gets a chance to log in again Jan I will thank you for your donation to her on her behalf so , Thank You for being so kind and caring. At the time I typed this there are 9 members who have donated a total of 375 Dollars to Amy in the box Katie set up. From just 9 members that is not bad going but the more the better for Amy so others need to help out here. Marissa thinks she is a pain re-posting Amy's story but she is not a pain she cares and should re-post it everyday.

Take care , Julia x

November 30, 2014 3:19 PM GMT
  • As far as an on hand fund,   there would be unavoidable costs on accounting . publishing, etc, the management of a suspense account (an account that has nothing to do with GS,   it would come under funds held in trust.

I think each case that arises has to be judged on its own merits, and the option to donate to whover based on those circumstances and needs, we have seen the fund me types, for breast augumentation, laser treatments. etc, how do we know these are genuine? Amy's situation is different and so heart rendering, it boils down to the very basics of staying alive.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      December 14, 2014 10:29 PM GMT
  • And that was my point Crissie Amy's situation. With regards to a trust fund I would have thought it can be set up because If I can set up a trust fund at my bank surely GS can. I do understand it would take some admistration too. How many more are out there like Amy?.

An account set up where members can choose to donate a fixed amount each month could be done in the same way as the inner circle is but the money goes into the donation box (bank account) . It can be held there untill there is good cause to use it such as Amy. There is one but though. It can never ever be allowed to be abused! It must be for real and genuine emegencys only.

Julia x

This post was edited by Former Member at December 22, 2014 4:56 PM GMT
      December 14, 2014 10:40 PM GMT