My other half

Tags : None
  • So last year I started dating a lovely lady, introduced via a friend.  She was told prior to us meeting that I liked to dress as a woman.  At first she accepted this even buying me panties at christms.  I went shopping with her one day and was looking at shoes and commenting - she did not like this.  I would paint my nails during the weekend and she was ok with this.  If we were out I was not allowed to comment as she didnt want anyone hearing me say thats a nice dress or nice shoes etc. 

Anyway about 3 months ago she said she didnt want me to be Sarah as she did not like it.  What do I do I really like this lady but well Sarah is part of me she doesnt understand that the reason I am like I am is due to my Sarah time and how I feel about this. 

Has anyone else had this issue and did you get through this with the same lady or did it end the relationship?

December 16, 2014 1:22 PM GMT
  • my wife first accepted and was supportive
    went to new therapist with her a week ago
    he thought Denese was silly
    now she does too
    im very sad
    i won't go back
    shes going to him tomorrow
    crap
      December 16, 2014 7:00 PM GMT
  • Sarah, this is very common I'm afraid. The bottom line is, she is attracted to you as a man and that's how she wants you and there is very little you can do to change this. In time, she may come to accept that side of you but to give it any chance at all you will have to move at her pace, not yours, if you want it to work. Obviously that can be very frustrating for you. You don't say whether you are TV or TS, (I'm assuming the former), so that also makes a huge difference as getting dressed up now and then is one thing but to live full time is another! If she really likes you, your dressing may be an issue that she wants resolved in order to see if the two of you have a future together. 

Being TG, we make very tough choices along the way and you are the only one who can make any decisions affecting your relationship. We can offer advise but what worked for one couple does not make it universal, sadly. 

Have you asked her why she wants you to stop? How open are you about your dressing with friends and colleagues? Is she concerned how you are perceived by others? Or how she is percieved? Is she under pressure from friends and family? 

I would suggest a calm chat to clarify her feelings and at least you know where you both stand. You can then move on from there, either together or apart, but in the long term that's better than living a lie and allowing resentment to build up. 

Good luck!

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      January 19, 2015 5:20 PM GMT
  • many of my female friends know but only a couple of male friends and as far as I am aware no one at work knows.  she said as you did she loves the male me and not Sarah so that is why she wants me to stop.  I think she is worried about how people will percieve her and of course she is worried about me as well.  i am taking it at her pace but it is hard to not dress unless I am alone and she is not visiting. 

I am TV so it is just now and again and aS I do like her alot I will give her that time

Sarah x

January 19, 2015 9:03 PM GMT