Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Female to Male » Top Surgery Question

Top Surgery Question

Tags : None
  • I recently quit smoking cigarettes.. My question is how long should I wait before setting a date for my top surgery?

January 1, 2015 1:31 AM GMT
  • Well Dane how long is a piece of string?. Here in the UK they say a smoker has to quit for 3 months before any hormones can be prescribed. So there has to be a logical reason for that time to be set. Unless you have any health problems that any doctor says would put you at risk then it is up to you and the doctors to decide between yourselves.

I wish you good luck and best wishes .

Julia x

January 1, 2015 1:59 AM GMT

For testosterone they say you shouldn't smoke because it increases your risk of a heart attack. Thats the reason some doctors won't perscribe T if your a smoker. Surgury I'm not fully sure as Julia said you should check with your doctor. Really though with the additional risks smoking creates when mixed with hormone therapy it may be a good idea to quit smoking. Also thinking about it from an adiction stand point after three days if I'm recalling correctly the nicotine is compleatly out of your system leaving only a mental adiction not a physical addiction. Just a thought.

February 28, 2015 5:22 PM GMT