IS this you?

• 2358 posts
    February 1, 2015 9:14 PM GMT

Hi, I’m Julien Smith. I'm the founder and CEO of Breather

Ok, I have a confession to make.

I have spent almost my whole life– 31 years–  caring far too much about offending people, worrying if I’m cool enough for them, or asking myself if they are judging me.

I can’t take it anymore. It’s stupid, and it’s not good for my well being. It has made me a punching bag–  a flighty, nervous wuss. But worse than that, it has made me someone who doesn’t take a stand for anything. It has made me someone who stood in the middle, far too often, and not where I cared to stand, for fear of alienating others. No more. Not today.

Today, ladies and gentlemen, is different.

We’re going to talk about the cure. We’re going to talk about what’s necessary. We’re going to talk about the truth

http://inoveryourhead.net/the-complete-guide-to-not-giving-a-****/

Read the complete article by clicking the link

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at February 3, 2015 7:55 PM GMT
    • 434 posts
    February 2, 2015 3:58 AM GMT

Cristine, perhaps you need to address the problem of what "caused" you to do that. What in your life has made you feel more comfortable in not taking a stand?

Doanna

• 178 posts
    February 2, 2015 10:14 AM GMT

And, remember,

1.  I do not have to feel guilty just because someone else does not like what I

do, say, think or feel.

2.  It is OK for me to feel angry and to express it in responsible ways.

3.  I do not have to assume full responsibility for making decisions, particularly where     others share responsibility for making the decisions.

4. I have the right to say "I don't understand" without feeling stupid or guilty.

5. I have the right to say NO.

6. I have the right to say No without feeling guilty.

7. I do not have to apologize or give reasons when I say NO.

8. I have the right to refuse requests which others make of me.

9. I have the right to tell others when I think they are manipulating, conning, or treating me unfairly.

10.  I have the right to refuse additional responsibilities without feeling guilty.

11.  I have a right to tell others when their behaviour annoys me.

12.  I do not have to compromise my personal integrity.

13.  I have a right to make mistakes and be responsible for them. I have a right to be wrong.

14.  I do not have to be liked, admired, or respected by everyone for everything I do.

• 2358 posts
    February 2, 2015 10:39 AM GMT

Doanna, I  have not felt like that for quite a few years.    It was a link someone gave me  that I thought might help others that do feel like that.   I should imagine a lot of people get to that point in their lives.    Being what we are is never easy.

But in the miain I am contented, happy, self confident.