Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Transgender Song Titles & Lyrics

Transgender Song Titles & Lyrics

Tags : None
    5 2127 2‚ 0

I'm compiling a list of transgender related songs.  Maybe you can help.  We all know 'What it feels like for a girl' by Madonna, 'Lola' by The Kinks and 'Man!  I feel like a woman' by Shania Twain but can you think of any more?  There must be hundreds out there, including some huge hits and some not so well known tracks like 'Androgynous' by Joan Jett and 'Candy Says' by Velvet Underground.  Please post your song titles in the Forum and not in the activity feed.  Thanks.

Over to you...

Hugs, Katie   :)

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      March 8, 2015 4:31 PM GMT
  • Ruth Wallis - He'd rather be a girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO97VBGlVjw

Boy or Girl? Who cares as long as im beautiful.
      March 8, 2015 7:10 PM GMT
  •  It Takes Balls to be a Woman by Elizabeth Cook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1L0XEgFb00

This post was edited by Sheri Lyn Kruse at March 8, 2015 7:27 PM GMT
      March 8, 2015 7:16 PM GMT
  • lOU REED  >FROM Thre Transformer alblum     "walk on the Wild Side  

March 8, 2015 7:21 PM GMT
  • Garbage - Cherry lips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVVpZM8sFSg

Boy or Girl? Who cares as long as im beautiful.
      March 8, 2015 8:25 PM GMT
    ~ This post was edited by M G at December 30, 2016 4:02 AM GMT
      March 8, 2015 9:03 PM GMT
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZUol0DwrCI

"ich bin ne echte Transe"  

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      March 9, 2015 8:30 PM GMT
    ~ This post was edited by M G at December 30, 2016 4:03 AM GMT
      March 9, 2015 9:24 PM GMT
  • The Beatles - Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da (Molly stays at home and does his pretty face. NOTE: This was actually a mistake when they were recording the vocal track on the last repeat of the chorus, but it was left in when the song was released).

David Bowie - She's Got Medals.

David Bowie - Oh, You Pretty Things.

David Bowie - Queen Bitch.

David Bowie - Lady Stardust.

David Bowie - Boys Keep Swinging (NOTE: Really more the video than the song).

David Bowie - 1. Outside (NOTE: The entire album as it contains 2 female characters, both played by Bowie).

Foo Fighters - Stacked Actors (What do you do when you're just another aging drag queen).

Garbage - Androgyny.

Dave Berry - The Crying Game (NOTE: The song has nothing trans related about it really but it is associated with trans people thanks to the movie of the same name which featured a cover version of the song).

The Verve - All In The Mind (NOTE: The song isn't really trans related, but Richard Ashcroft is seen dressed as a woman at the end of the video which flickers between shots of him and a woman in the same outfit).

Peaches - Boys Wanna Be Her.

Pink Floyd - Arnold Laine (NOTE: About a crossdresser who steals women's clothes from washing lines).

Amy Winehouse - Stronger Than Me (Feel like a lady and you my ladyboy).

Queen - I Want To Break Free (NOTE: The video more than the song, but it could be interpretted that way).

March 11, 2015 6:33 AM GMT
  • The Beatles - Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da (Molly stays at home and does his pretty face. NOTE: This was actually a mistake when they were recording the vocal track on the last repeat of the chorus, but it was left in when the song was released).

David Bowie - She's Got Medals.

David Bowie - Oh, You Pretty Things.

David Bowie - Queen Bitch.

David Bowie - Lady Stardust.

David Bowie - Boys Keep Swinging (NOTE: Really more the video than the song).

David Bowie - 1. Outside (NOTE: The entire album as it contains 2 female characters, both played by Bowie).

Foo Fighters - Stacked Actors (What do you do when you're just another aging drag queen).

Garbage - Androgyny.

Dave Berry - The Crying Game (NOTE: The song has nothing trans related about it really but it is associated with trans people thanks to the movie of the same name which featured a cover version of the song).

The Verve - All In The Mind (NOTE: The song isn't really trans related, but Richard Ashcroft is seen dressed as a woman at the end of the video which flickers between shots of him and a woman in the same outfit).

Peaches - Boys Wanna Be Her.

Pink Floyd - Arnold Laine (NOTE: About a crossdresser who steals women's clothes from washing lines).

Amy Winehouse - Stronger Than Me (Feel like a lady and you my ladyboy).

Queen - I Want To Break Free (NOTE: The video more than the song, but it could be interpretted that way).

March 11, 2015 6:33 AM GMT