Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Anyone fancy a fake election?.

Anyone fancy a fake election?.

Tags : None
  • As we have a real one coming up soon here in the UK does anyone here fancy having a fake one?. There could be 3 or 4 candidates and you could put your manifesto's here and we could have a poll on the 5th of May. It could be fun just to see who wins Smile. We could have the Silly party (Lib dems) The dopey party (Conservatives) and the Confused party (Labour) and the I don't give a sh*t party (UKIP). The Green party could be Mr blobby's wife Mrs Blobby , I know Mr Blobby is pink but Mrs blobby could be green. Think about it for a laugh and any Country can enter as it would just be for fun.

March 26, 2015 8:33 PM GMT
  • This sounds like fun Julia! Good parody and sarcasm are the best things in humour. In the US ( and these are just coming to me at the spur of the moment, so I may ammend my list ) we could have : The Clown Party ( balloon animals, riduculous clothes, pies in the face, and 10 people in a very tiny car are qualifications ), The Do Nothing Party ( we have plenty of that in the US ), The anti-reason party ( always opposed to objective measures and facts are a must ), the Puppet Party ( if you have enough money, you have a puppet ) -- more to follow : )
      March 26, 2015 10:26 PM GMT
  • I love it Briana are you going to be a candidate or are you offering? Smile.  This could be a lot of fun.

March 26, 2015 10:33 PM GMT
  • This could be a blast - I will consider some of these parties and try to dream up others in terms of potentially running - I want to see the competition too - then perhaps toss in a heel ( instead of the iconic hat ) into the ring! : )
      March 26, 2015 11:07 PM GMT
  • If I was running for election (Which I am not) my first promise would be. I would arrange a meeting with Sir Richard Branson and say to him. Ricky my old friend we have a really big electric train set here in the UK and it is all broken. It trys to run up and down and all around the country but never works.

Ricky it is all yours totally free of charge if you fix it , all it needs is cash to make it work.

This is 100% true. If I need to catch a train from Ipswich to London it may turn up on time or it may just turn up and shock everyone. I may get to sit down too but not all of the time but I have found a way around that one.

The main problem is after they have got me there they have a major problem getting me back home again. Again this is 100% true it actually happened.

I bought a ticket that would not allow me to catch a train back untill after 18.00 hours . There was a train sitting at the platform called the 17.57. That train was not moving and my ticket would not let me though the gate untill after 18.00 hours. Well it was past 18.00 hours so the gate opened. I boarded that train and it departed at 18.09 hours. I was just sitting there minding my own business and the ticket man came. He told me you cannot use this ticket on this train it is the 17.57 . I said you can call it the 17.57 if you like but I am calling it the 18.09 so I can use this ticket. I thought he would just go away but he asked me to pay an extra £38.00 or get off at the next stop. I asked him if he was serious and he said yes.

Thinking he would have better things to do than to piss me off I stayed put. He actually came back at the next stop and asked me to get off the train. I thought this man is an idiot so I got off and then got on again when he turned his head and went and sat back down again.

The train pulled away and a message came over the intercom saying we are sorry for the slow movement of this train but there is a slow moving goods train in front of us.

So there I am sitting there wondering if I will get home tonight and he came back again. He said it is you again I told you to get off. I told him I did get off you watched me , he then said well you are back on again now so I will have to charge you the extra £38.00 . I told him you are really doing my head in now so go find something better to do and if you think I am giving you another £38.00 for this thing you call inter city express then you really are demented.  He then said he could have the police waiting for me at the next stop. I told him to do it then I could do with a bloody good laugh and if you keep telling me I owe you £38.00 then that must mean you have over charged all the other passengers who were mad enought to pay more than me.

At this time the train was going so slow it may aswell had been going backwards so I asked the other passengers do you think you have been over charged for this so called express?. They all said yes. I then told Mr boring my arse off , there you go you better go and refund all off these poor sods who were crazy enough to pay more than me. And I still do not care what you call this train it is the 18.09. There was a lot more to this but it is just one thing that needs fixing in this country.

I could tell you what happened next time but I need sleep.

This post was edited by Former Member at March 27, 2015 4:34 AM GMT
      March 26, 2015 11:39 PM GMT