Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » The Skin you are in.

The Skin you are in.

Tags : None
  • At the moment I'm suffering from poor skin. My nose, and areas immediately adjacent to it are reddened, slightly spotty. Nothing life-threatening of course, but it's a condition that seems persistent and it bugs. I haven't followed strict rules on skin conditioning as I've grown up. I moisturise, I use 'sensitive' products (guess I'm a sensitive person..) but little else. Girls perhaps learn the rights and wrongs from teenage years, whereas perhaps some of us are learning about treatments a little later in life..

How do you care for your skin? Does this commence with your diet, do you have a favourite regime or range of products?

Go on, time to share those beauty treatments.

Thanks

Rachel
    a girl at heart and a proper person too
    This post was edited by Rachel de Blanc at March 29, 2015 10:13 PM BST
      March 29, 2015 10:11 PM BST
  • Hi Rachel.

I am 57 years old and far from beautiful but most people say I look in my mid 40s . To me the best thing about putting make up on is taking the stuff off , a bit like a bra after a long daySmile. I am always being told I should use a moisturiser but I never do. According to the make up I use it is in there.

My personal opinion is that food causes skin problems more than anything else. If you eat grease and fat then it will cause spots. Sweets and Chocolate will do the same. Some soaps contain fruit which contians sugar so avoid any pruduct that has a fruit as it feeds spots.

I will tell you another thing that affects your skin and that is being run down. I know if I am over doing it by the state of my skin. Drink more than you eat! A class of water or sugar free drink will fill you up just the same as a meal does or a chocolate bar.

Water clears your system out , in actual fact water is the best thing to clean your skin with. Use a product to remove any make up or what ever your skin has picked up during the day. After that use clean water to wash the cleaning product away and use it a few times not just once. Make sure your towel is clean as you do not want to put any nasty's back on your face.

You are what you eat! That is why there is not much of me anymoreSmile.

Take care x

March 29, 2015 10:49 PM BST