You Know You Pass When.........

• July 25, 2002 2:29 PM BST
    I had once "female" black on white on my vaccination passport, by mistake, of course. Boy was I proud of that...

Laura
    • 2 posts
    July 20, 2002 1:54 AM BST

When you are dressed as butch as possible without makeup and you start to go into a guys restroom and you are stopped by a cleaning person sticking their arm out and yelling" Mam you cannot go in there that is the men's room".  What freaked him out was that I continued and went in.  This has happened twice.
    • 40 posts
    July 19, 2002 2:48 AM BST
    You know you pass when you are sitting at a pool in your<br>new two-piece swimsuit talking to a woman and a couple of<br>young girls come by and tell you that they like your swim-<br>suit.   Has that happened to any of you others?  That gives<br>a woman like me quite a headrush.<br>RandiP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This a little correction from what I have written above.
    I really don't pass at all as transsexual woman.
    I have triend to hold jobs and they haven't worked out.
    I tried to go swimming at high school swimming pool
    and then a outside pool and the local police got involved.
    I've tried to join some women's groups and that didn't
    work out.
    I even dressed up to go to a SSA meeting with my lawyer
    before a judge and I've turned down for disability.
    Sometimes it makes me wonder why I started it in the
    first place. I am happy though that I have my partner/
    wife and my family.
    RandiP
    • 195 posts
    August 28, 2002 1:07 AM BST
    You know you pass when you go to pay for petol (gas) and the attendant says "Sorry Love - You've picked up your husbands Credit Card."  
    • 1083 posts
    September 11, 2002 10:09 PM BST
    You know you pass when...

your sister (Gentic Girl-type) slaps you for having bigger boobs than she does...

when guys stare at your shirt more than your wife's...

women ask you "Who does your nails, honey?"...

the shoe clerk says, "Ma'am, those are men's sneakers"...

a man bumps into your purse and says "excuse me, miss" (That one REALLY made my day!)

you get crabby once a month...and the guys expect it...and get out of your way. The gals bring you chocolate...or Midol.  

and when after a long day at work and you need a shave--badly!--men still hold the door open for you.

Luv 'n hugs,

Lady Jayne  
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra Flirt"<br><br><br>
  • October 5, 2003 1:19 AM BST
    dear girls you know you pass when you ride the new york city subway train home at night in a crowded subway car phylis anne
    • 539 posts
    May 11, 2004 1:31 AM BST
    ... (as I have mentioned in other threads) when you go to a gun show and attend a concealed carry class and everyone thinks you are a "normal" woman.

Heather H.
    • 430 posts
    May 12, 2004 4:53 AM BST
    you know you pass when the counciller from the gender centre calls you on the phone for the first time and thinks your f2m!!
  • May 12, 2004 10:28 AM BST
    ....or a more dangerous variation. An estonian border guard lady refuses to let you pass the control with your male passport and asks "whom have you stolen this passport...". Happened to me more than once before the change of my documents last January.

Laura
  • March 12, 2006 8:12 AM GMT
    i have been refered to as miss a couple of times, like 6-7, once at ross i was in 2.5 inch heeled boots and the cashier guy even walked up behind me when i was buying a skirt, he never corrected hiimself. a drive up window girl called me mam a couple of weeks ago, then apolagised
  • March 18, 2006 12:29 AM GMT
    Well i have gotten compliments on hair and whislted at.. once had a guys top in his car as I was walking and tried to pick me up... best was having a good friend from years ago sitting next to me at the bar one night and didn't know it was me... and offerd to buy me a drink LOL

~Valerie xx
    • 773 posts
    March 18, 2006 1:21 AM GMT
    I have been more and more often addressed as "miss" in stores and cars honk at me when they drive by. And this is when I'm in male mode!
  • March 27, 2006 8:02 PM BST
    you know when you pass when you do something stupid like me,i was going home from our vallentines day dinner at cdi in new york and i was going down the stairs in the subway when i fell .i must have caught my heel on a step and the next thing i knew was i had fell down the whole flight of stairs.i was wearing a fur coat and i didnt really get hurt except for ripping my stockings and getting a bad scrape on my knee.well as i am down at the bottom some passengers rushed to my aid and helped me up and asked miss are you all right,they gave me my hat which had fallen off and as i was ok i thanked them all and went on my way down the next flight of stairs ,very carefully ,love phylisanne
  • October 7, 2006 5:08 AM BST
    I knew I passed when I went to go into the ladies restroom late one night at Chicago Midway airport, found the cleaning lady in there, turned to go out, and she said, "It's ok, ma'am. You can come in."

How many of us have been ASKED to come into the ladies room?

Peggy
  • February 19, 2007 7:23 PM GMT
    you know you pass when you finally get up the guts to go out dressed and end up with a guys phone number in a nightclub....that made my February complete - as it was this weekend
  • April 4, 2007 10:18 PM BST
    The guys on campus are giving you cat calls and wolf wistles (how thrilling can you get). not to mention that some of the girls give you dirty looks like drop dead bi*ch or don't even think about taking my boyfriend. that is how you know you pass as a true woman.
    • 773 posts
    April 5, 2007 2:32 AM BST
    At this point, it just doesn't much matter to me anymore.
  • August 24, 2003 10:27 PM BST
    for me passing is when i travel home from my cd group outing on wed nights in the new york subway system,i have to walk about a mile to my train through the newyork port authority building .i very rarely get looked at as there are so many people rushing to get home and i just blend right in.even while sitting down other people sit right next to me and we all ride home toghether its just great feeling like another woman love phylis anne
    • 11 posts
    March 13, 2003 4:50 PM GMT
    I'v had a few cars pull up and try to pick me up, which is fun in a way, but also kinda scary as well.

But back to point, I was walking home one night dressed, and I went up to two girls I knew, they only knew me when I spoke and asked them did thy know who it was!
  • July 28, 2003 11:21 PM BST
    passing as either doesnt bother me im happy to be me, in the main i pass as Lucy because that is who i am, i have never conciously tried to be femminine, i am just a girl with odd bits, sit walk and stand i cannot change into being a boy, not possible but im happy and glad that im Lucy,
  • August 8, 2003 9:13 PM BST
    Progress .....

I passed many a time in just standard boy clothes up to about age 20. Alas youth fades.

Since I first ventured here last year I've lost 25lbs, and have now had 3 laser sessions. My overall appearance is very different.

I took my first public walk, just a quarter of a mile from one hotel to another to meet up with other T-Girls a couple of months back. In the dull cloudy light, only one person noticed (and that was only after I swore after a Taxi tried to run me down)

But two nights ago, at a TV/TS support and social event one of the old girls was handing out a whats on guide. She gave me a very long hard look. Eventually I broke the silence, she handed me the sheet, admitting that until I spoke she thought I was probably a RG (there were a few partners there). I guess it would be very embrassing to treat one of the partners as a Tranny.

That was a fantastic moment for me, if another Tranny isn't sure then I'm getting there.

Last year I said I could never pass, but 10 months later I think I am now passable except in broad daylight (still need too much makeup).

So I now have an incentive to continue lasering and watching what I eat. Who knows, in another 10 months I might pass the daylight test. But I'll never be able to pass the bikini test (My wife wont let me)

Luv, Lizzie
  • August 19, 2003 4:41 AM BST
    you know you pass well enough when straight guys stare at your lips when you talk.
    • 1083 posts
    August 21, 2003 9:53 PM BST
    Sumana, sugah--

If they would just stare at my lips, I would be okay.

It's when they start trying to cop a peek down my blouse that I wonder about them...

Luv 'n hugs,

Jayne Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra Flirt"
  • August 22, 2003 4:58 AM BST
    Gasp! Doctor! You go girl!

I knew you were a hotty!

sumana
  • July 27, 2002 8:03 AM BST
    Hi Laura

Surely you mean "Girl was I proud..."

:D

Best wishes

Sarah
  • July 20, 2002 8:25 AM BST
    The nearest I can come to that happened almost 30 years ago. I was in normal male clothes, indeed Sarah didn't really exist then. It was pouring with rain and I had an anorak  :-her glasses on her chest. She greeted me with a "Hello madame" 8). Almost before I could reply she realised her mistake and was terribly embarrassed and most apologetic.

30 years on and I'm still waiting but beginning to give up hope. ;D

Best wishes

Sarah
    • 530 posts
    July 19, 2002 11:51 PM BST
    Not quite but-read my post under read in the supermarket.If I ever top that one,I'll eat my cossi!
    • 530 posts
    August 27, 2002 9:24 PM BST
    Having the door held is great,but when the 'don't mention it' to your 'thank you' is directed at your chest rather than your face...
    Sue.
  • August 27, 2002 7:56 PM BST
    i know ive passed when men look at my legs more than they look at my wifes. ;D or when a man holds a door for me.
  • August 27, 2002 3:27 PM BST
    ;Dyouknow when you pass when you can go in to the ladays restroom and no body knows the diffrerce.
    i'v done that a few times, I felt like a real woman.
  • August 5, 2002 2:17 PM BST
    I was off to see America on a Grayhound Bus Pass with my two best friends who are genetic girls. We had been on the bus for two days. We pulled into a station early in the morning. Being the only three passengers on the bus, the driver woke us up, by announcing on the PA, "Rise and shine girls, we're here". There I was, in a pair of jeans, tee shirt, and sneakers, my hair tied back in a pony tail, no make up,and no bath or shave in two days. As I passed the driver,who looked like a professional body builder, he looked me up and down, smiled flirtatiously at me and said " You have a nice day honey". That made my day.
  • July 30, 2002 2:42 AM BST
    I'm often addressed as "ma'am" or "miss" when I'm not in women's clothes, because of my hair (as you can see in my picture). It often happens when someone, such as a store clerk, just glances at me quickly and makes the assumption. Usually, people see their mistake almost immediately (especially if I go out without shaving) and turn red apologizing. I'm sure they think I'm insulted and outraged, but I always consider it the highest compliment. As I get older, that happens with less frequency, but it still makes my day when it happens. When I was younger, sometimes, people would even stare me right in the face during a conversation and continue to think I was female, until it was my turn to reply and they got the testosterone voice. The facial expressions are priceless.

Regarding my hair, I think most people just assume that I'm somehow involved in rock-and-roll. I also get the "are you a musician" question on a regular basis, but, somehow, it's just not as flattering...  
    • 24 posts
    October 13, 2006 10:34 AM BST
    You know you pass when you get stopped for going 70 mph in a 45 mph zone and the cop actually lets you go. Yep, he said "Maam, is there any way I can get you to keep your speed down?"

That felt wonderful. Simply wonderful.
    • 2573 posts
    April 5, 2007 3:07 AM BST
    I have no illusions of passing physically. However, I have had a couple of incidents where I "passed" socially and was treated as another woman in social situations.....like one woman talking fashion to me in a clothing store like I was "one of the girls". I think this meant more to me because it accepted who I am inside, not how I looked. (Large and male) When women start talking to you in public you realize how seldom that happened in the past. It's quite startling.