Corsetry

• 68 posts
    May 7, 2015 2:00 PM BST

Anyone else here into corsets?

I have a bit of a soft spot for them myself but am having troubles locating some at a decent price range here.

Would love to pop over and see Mr Pearl's Studio but I'd need several bank loans to afford one

Used to like Orchard but they've gone up a bit in price since I first bought from them.

Gallery Serpentine was good over in Australia while I was there and I used to lust after a wasp Creations corset but the owner has passed away (some time ago_.

I'm not a real fan of the "flat" figure that is currently in high demand on the catwalks, I still like curves

This post was edited by Shirley Arriey at May 7, 2015 2:11 PM BST
  • May 12, 2015 4:09 AM BST

I have taken to wearing the shapewear. My rib cage protruded outward increasing the size of my belly. I started wearing, I think a size 18 a few weeks ago. I would wear it during the day while I worked as I work at home alone. I recently bought the next size down and found that my rib cage is moving in. When wearing it, it makes me seem like I have A cups. I am trying to train my body to shape. I would love to be on HRT, but that may never happen. My psych always told me I wanted all or nothing. Well, I am taking baby steps. I have seen pictures of how confinement worked on women in the past. Who knows. 

• 68 posts
    May 12, 2015 9:41 AM BST

Hi Emma

If you want that sort of result you would need something a bit more drastic than a shaper. Most shapers these days are designed for about a 2" quick reduction but won't do anything permenantly (or actually any change would be semi permenant). Still it can produce a nice shape with not much effort.

• May 12, 2015 11:02 AM BST

I don't know. While it doesn't really do anything for my waist, I find it is putting my rib cage back to normal. It doesn't stick out as much now. I will see. Eventually maybe a real corset.

• May 14, 2015 12:36 PM BST

Actually turns out that what I have are corsets. My rib cage used to protrude outwards. It made me seem more barrel chested. I found that starting with the 18 and moving down to the 16, my ribs are more rounded in and appear to stay that way now. I will stay with the 16 a few more weeks and then maybe move one more size down. I think I would stop there. 

• 68 posts
    May 14, 2015 2:13 PM BST

Well take it slowly

I'm down to a 28" (Fully closed). Started with 32" (which I couldn't shut so about 35") but its taken awhile. I could possibly get down to 26" but I have a feeling I won't get that far, too much strain on my hip bone to do that I think. At least if i wanted to go that ffar I'd need to order a proper custom made one I think.

• 4 posts
    May 16, 2015 3:55 AM BST

I wish I had more curves I am very thin. Just wish I had more in the hips and breast.

• 68 posts
    May 16, 2015 10:46 AM BST

That's not uncommon.

I have no hips whatsoever.

Look at this way, you're probably the envy of every real girl who's trying to get rid of them!

• 4 posts
    May 17, 2015 3:33 AM BST

Very true LOL! I am going to get some breast forms I think.

• 68 posts
    May 17, 2015 10:24 AM BST

They can certainly help.

But would suggest you get something decent as they can vary greatly in quality and how well they conform to your natural figure. I bought some with straight flat backs once and they were horribly hopeless.