Gender Therapist

Tags : None
  • So my DW caught me wearing clear nail polish and freaked!  As she gives closed minded people a bad name, she insists that I am sick and need help.  Well; what a golden opportunity for me.  I now have an appointment with a LCSW that treats gender issues.  Boy, did DW do me a favor.  Thank goodness she's not judgmental!?  ;-)

Thoughts?

May 11, 2015 9:49 PM BST
  • From experience, once the psychologist working with me agreed with me, my ex claimed she was a  quack and that she was actually trying to convince me I was transgendered. I am extra careful with my current wife. Though we haven't really seen each other naked in over five years, so I have been able to keep my legs shaved and wear clear polish on my toenails. Of course, now with summer coming... I really dread having to grow the hair back so I can wear shorts. I also don't want to remove the nail polish on my toes but she'll ask why I am not wearing my sandals when you couldn't get them off my feet all last year. 

May 12, 2015 3:44 AM BST
  • That is a tough call because eventually she will learn of this. Trust me, I have been caught and it's like trying to defend yourself that it's not wrong. I'm constantly battling trying to be myself and tempering it with a happy medium.

You have to do what is right for you.

Viv
      May 13, 2015 3:31 AM BST
  • Actually, Olivia, you need to be careful.  If you are driven to therapy because she thinks you are sick and need help, you may strat to beileve that and carry it over into your therapy.

If you choose to share with her what happens in therapy, especially if you are selective in what you say to her, it may make her even more hostile. Take it slowly, I suggest, and tell her that you might be prepared to discus the therapy with her after a few weeks.  For now, make sure she understands that you need this space not only for you, but for her too.

May 26, 2015 7:46 PM BST
  • Thanks for the advice, Amanda.  Not to worry, I know I'm not sick.  She's the one with the problem.  I am more tortoise than hare, so slowly is the order of the day.

Liv

May 26, 2015 8:12 PM BST