Tags : None
    Forgive my curiosity but ....
    What's with the Scots? Will the Welch and Britons be next? Seems as if the British Empire is slowly disappearing - what? 
    Here in the U.S. they still talk about dividing up the country and in a way it is divided - north vs south and east vs west. I thinks it stays one country because divided it would lose the purpose of arguing with each other. 
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      May 15, 2015 3:57 PM BST
  • Mary British means The English, Scots, Welsh and Northern Ireland.   The big question is can any of them afford to exist without the subsidies they recieve from the english if they go it alone.   The Scots allready receive more per person for healthcare and other welfare payments from the english government than the English do.   I think its called cutting ones nose of to spite their faces.   The Cameron government promised them even more if they voted to stay in the union., so the referendum result was the Scots voting to stay in, but should Scotish members of their parliament have a say in the english Parliament?  

The voting system here is not truly representative in that in an affluent area, where the population per square mile could be say 5,000 whereas in run down areas, a square mile could have 200,000 people, that would result in one seat for the conservatives and one seat for the Labour party in the House of commons.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      May 15, 2015 4:38 PM BST