Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » UK Forum » NHS or private

NHS or private

Tags : None
  • With the support of my wife I have been back to my Doctors. I just hope attitudes have change since the last time I tried to get help from my doctor. The choice seems to be going through the NHS pathway ( not hearing good things) or going to a private Doctor.

I last visited Charing Cross 17 yrs ago, I missed an appointment and they cancelled every thing. I was told I had to go back to my doctors and start over.

I made the choice to try and live with myself and it's never been happy for me. So I'm 51 now and see Norway foward part from hormone treatment, the private route would be easier.
      May 17, 2015 9:40 PM BST
  • Charing Cross Gender clinic is inundated with referals, as is common practice with NHS referals if you fail to turn up for an appointment or fail to request an alternative date, they will refer you back to your doctor. the pont being that if you cancell the appointment they will bring someone elses appointment forward.

Morally if one can afford to go private, it makes way for someone who cannot afford it. also it is more expediant, most people I have talked to had good experinces with Charing Cross, some of who'm went on to go private for their surgery,

electing for a procedure that they found was not available on the NHS.

I originally attended CX, was referred to the Gene clinic at Addendbrooks hospital, then went private from thereon to Wimbledon Parkside and eventually had surgery in Berne, Switzeland.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      May 18, 2015 11:48 AM BST