Family Values

Tags : None
  • So DW was rlating a story to me, my son and daughter-in-law.  It seems that a long-time friend (a much older woman) confided in DW that her granddaughter became her grandson! HRT and surgery; the whole nine yeards.  On the inside, I said good for him!  On the outside, I just noddded and listened.  The real troubling part is how everyone other than me was agast and disgusted.  They could not understand anything about it except to link it to Bruce Jenner.  Poor Mr. Jenner is running the risk of becoming a synonym for transgender.

So now how would I dare come out as Trans?  Not that I'm ready to do so any time soon, but I'd like to think that this journey of mine, though in its earliest stages, could progress to full disclosure.  Here's a topic for my therapist tomorrow.

Any thoughts?

Liv

May 29, 2015 3:56 PM BST
  • yeah, Sod 'um cos  when you are truely ready, it wont matter what anyone thinks . . . . .

May 29, 2015 5:02 PM BST
  • I only hope.

May 29, 2015 5:05 PM BST
  • Absolutely yes. During your appointment, just spell it out as you have done here, then start to work your way through it.

And, indeed, if you disagree with what your therapist is saying or suggesting, challenge it.  I often say to clients, "If you think I am talking crap, tell me.  Because if I am, I have lost something along the way. And, if you think I am driving you in a direction - any direction - tell me. That is NOT my job.

Hope the appointment goes well.

Big hug,

Amanda.

May 29, 2015 5:36 PM BST
  • I've just started therapy and we're still developing a raport, while she's getting to know my history.  I will broach the subject with her.  

Stay tuned

xoxo

Liv

May 29, 2015 6:43 PM BST
  • Well done to that granddaug.....I mean grandson, disgust of the disgust of your son and daugter in law and if you did "come out" at least you got support and friends here if you need us.
      May 30, 2015 10:52 AM BST