Insecurity arround women

• July 9, 2015 9:04 PM BST

I would really like to know if anyone can relate to this and maybe give some tips that helped them. 

I'm MtF and I feel really insecure when I'm arround other girls. Being transgendered it sometimes feel as if everybody else is a supermodel compared to me. And the best way I can describe my feelings arround girls is that I very often just feel an overwhelming insecurity that makes me not think clearly. I can talk to any man and lesbian without this insecurity, but when I'm arround cis-straigh-females yea... 

I can also add. that I'm not out of the closet. And that I've a hard time dealing with other girls finding me attractive and that i generally find it hard expressing my femininity. 

This post was edited by Julie Natalie Rasmussen at July 9, 2015 9:14 PM BST
    • 56 posts
    July 9, 2015 11:29 PM BST

Hi Julie

I am a long long way from a supermodel and will be happy if I can get to a point of not being obvious. Have you managed to pinpoint what the insecureties are that you have. Maybe try and break it down a bit an examine what those insecurites actually are about and once aired they may well be easier for you to deal with them. 

The things I have been reading are all suggesting  that we spend some time watching women of our own age, what about them says femiinine? What attributtes do you see as Feminine? When you look at women really look, see the subtle differences, presentation, the way they walk, how confident they are. Then decide what fits for you and maybe just start with one thing. It doesn't have to be big and it doesn't have to be public. 

Sarah T