We need help!

• 1 posts
    July 21, 2015 3:18 AM BST

**WE NEED HELP**
    We need help. My friend Ashley and I are in a homeless shelter in Newark, Ohio, we are both trans. We both are tired of being homeless. Youth services won't help us because we are too old for those to help. We don't have an income and there really isn't much for employment in walking distance. We are in the men's side of the shelter because the conflicts with getting our I.Ds changed. Prior to staying in the shelter, we were at the Salvation Army but since that was my first time and I haven't lived in the county for over a certain amount of time and Ashley has been there before, the Salvation Army said we had to leave in 2 days but the Salvation Army did talk to the shelter we are in now and I'm glad we are off the streets but I'm afraid that if Ashley or I can't find employment, we are going to be bouncing shelter to shelter or staying here for a very long time. I left my family almost 4 years ago to start my journey into transition but it's been heck ever since, I didn't have stability for a while now and not having an apartment or house with a roommate is really getting to my emotional state and well being and I believe Ashley is feeling the same way. We really need someone to help, please help us, give us a place to stay until we are able to get back on our feet. Preferably we are looking for semi permanent or permanent living arrangements with a roommate, when we are able to get an income, we will help out who ever will help us out with a place to stay but as of now, we have no money/income, we are still homeless even though we are in a shelter and not being able to transition or not being able to start our transition is really getting to us. Please help us, either with a place to stay or maybe someone knows someone that can help us out with a place to stay.

• 9 posts
    July 22, 2015 3:38 AM BST
    That sounds really awful. Why can't you get jobs? Why do your families not support you?
    • 9 posts
    July 22, 2015 3:41 AM BST
    And also what about your education? Where are you with that?