Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Let's take a poll. Public bathrooms, ladies room or guys room?

Let's take a poll. Public bathrooms, ladies room or guys room?

Tags : None
  • When out in public, do you use the guys restroom or the ladies? Have you run into any problems with either?
    For me, when I'm dressed as a girl, I use the ladies room, when dressed as a guy I use the guys room. The very first time I went out in public dressed as a girl it was at a bar on Halloween night, I chose that night for my first time because being Halloween it was a good cover for being "in costume". I used the guys room that night because I knew I didn't fully pass yet, but the other patron freaked out about a girl being in the guys room. The staff went in there and told me to use the ladies room, I came out of the stall and said in my deep drunken voice "why does it matter which room I use, this one had a shorter line" and they walked away.
    so ladies, I'd love to hear what your experiences with this are.
    ^_^
      July 24, 2015 12:32 AM BST
  • I use the ladies room when dressed as a woman and try to find a unisex bathroom other times. Otherwise I use a stall in the men's room. A similar thing happened to me on Halloween. The attendant blocked my path and said "Ma'am, this is the men's room!"
    I deepened my voice and said "It's OK". You should have seen the faces on the guys when I used the mirror to touch up my lipstick!
      July 24, 2015 12:56 AM BST
  • For a start lets call them what they Toilets, loos or even bogs. Calling them bathrooms confuses the issue. We are not going in there for a rest or bath - usually we are going in their for a pee and or perhaps touch up your make up.

I was uncertain whether to start using the ladies - after all I live full time as a lady. I went of an interview for a position and got the postion and after the interview I asked to use their loo before driving home and they naturally showed me to the ladies. After that I used the ladies nearly everywhere and nowhere did I receive any comment. In fact in one pub I was queuing and the lady in front of me engaged in conversation with me about why its unafir that us women should queue when the men don't.

The last place for me to use the mens was somewhere that poeple had known me as a cross dresser from before and it seemed natural to keep on using it. But I was finding it increasingly embarrassing using the mens. I spoke to the ladies there and they all replied the same - we wondered why you still used the mens. Since using the ladies I found all the ladies accept me even more. They lend me hand cream and stuff and chat to me when I am in there.

Men don't usually make eye contact or talk to othermen in loo but girls are different they chat to each other thru the wall or the door while peeing . It does seem strange at first but not now.

Nichola

This post was edited by Nichola Lamkin at March 30, 2016 3:42 PM BST
      March 30, 2016 3:40 PM BST
  • Now that I'm further along in my transition I can say I use the Ladies Room every time. I regularly preach about my right to choose which one I see fit and I often soap box how important it is to allow trans people the freedom to choose where they feel most comfortable.
    I don't dress like a guy anymore. Even on my lazy days (unshaven, no bra, pj pants, hair a mess, etc.) I still manage to look feminine enough for people to realize I'm trans and they never say a word to me. I've reached a point where I adamantly refuse to use the men's room for one very simple reason: I'm not a man.
      April 16, 2016 10:24 AM BST
  • I honestly feel more at home in the ladies loo than in the gents. Apart from the safety aspect - it helps me to feel one of the girls. I expected opposition from one or two people - but that just never happened.

Nichola

April 16, 2016 10:38 AM BST
  • Yeah I've discovered that most people either don't care or are too afraid to say anything. I've gotten some dirty looks but never anyone brave enough to confront me directly.
      April 16, 2016 12:02 PM BST
  • I try and avoid public restrooms whenever possible, so this is hardly an issue for me.

Sorry, I have some weird phobias. Don't even get me started on elevators...

June 6, 2016 11:31 PM BST