Ask a cisgender anything!

• 2 posts
    September 24, 2015 4:40 PM BST

Dear all

I am 22 years old, female, cisgender, has a boyfriend, lives in Denmark (small scandinavian country).

As an art student i am at the moment very fascinated with identity and especially gender identity.
    I follow certain youtubers who has documented their transition from MtF and FtM and have seen them answer a hell lot of Q an A throughout that time to educate us 'unknowing' and 'curious' cisgender people.

I couldn't help but notis how deeb these question goes and how transgender people have to answer the most personal questions over and over again just to make themselves understood. Questions that would seem really odd to ask a cisgender . Like: "How does your boyfriend feel about the fact that you are cisgender?" "when did you know that you were cisgender?" "how did you come out ?" "Does your vagina REALLY look like a real vagina? - how does it look?" "how do you have sex?".  If transgender people need to be asked a thouuuusand questions to be understood - then why is that not the case for cisgender people? It should go both ways. 

Therefore I am now giving YOU the mike, ask me the stupidest or most relevant or most repeated question that you get as a transgender: Ask me anything about being cisgender!

My plan is to make a youtube video with answer to all of the questions. I hope that this will show the similarity between being cis or trans - it's not about whats between your legs or the features of your face it's about identification - as simple as that.

Let me know what you think about this idea. And give me a question if you'd like.

All my best

• 1652 posts
    September 25, 2015 12:17 AM BST

Blimey.

What's it like being cisgender?

Must have been really hard for you to admit it to everyone?

Why did you choose this lifestyle?

Wouldn't it have been easier to just not tell anyone?

Hope I've not said the wrong thing. Best of luck in your journey.

xx

• 1 posts
    September 25, 2015 2:47 AM BST

Hi folks. Well, I'm new and I'm not sure how the forums work or where I should be posting, erg. 

Basically, I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada and am a mtf CD. I'm trying to connect with local like-minded people in the hopes of finding exercise partners as I'm looking for advice and support in efforts to achieve a more effeminate body shape.

If someone could take the time, I'd deeply appreciate being pointed in the proper direction.

Thanks!

Zero

• 171 posts
    September 25, 2015 7:28 PM BST
    Miriam

When you buy clothes and they fit and feel right, what happens then? Do you just wear them, and still feel OK, I mean without all the awkwardness?
    Do you cut your hair in the style that both suits you and reflects your gender, like no way!!?
    I've heard that cisgender people don't have voices in their heads all the time, that's not true is it?
    What are mirrors for when the reflection you see is accurate?
    If you can't imagine change then how do you dream?

Have fun, weirdo
    • 2 posts
    October 1, 2015 9:50 AM BST

Love the questions - keep em coming please!! (: