Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Trannyweb Reunion

Trannyweb Reunion

Tags : None
    5 2127 2‚ 0

TWI've been wondering what may have happened to all the good friends and acquaintances I used to have in the Trannyweb days. People come and go in every community but I just wondered where they all went.

Sadly, I know that some have died and some fell out with other members over something trivial that seemed important at the time and they quit. But what about all the others who were good friends at one time but who just drifted away. Where are they now?

I wonder how many are still around on the web somewhere? Maybe if we contacted them, we could all have a reunion? Maybe in the chat room one evening? Should we do that?

What are your thoughts team?

Hugs, Katie

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      November 28, 2015 2:14 PM GMT
  • Thats the trouble people fall out over something that seemed imprtant that day but in the grand scheme of things was totally irrelevant.

By the way you look geat in that picture smashing boots and I love the skirt... what a nice length

This post was edited by Nichola Lamkin at November 29, 2015 4:25 PM GMT
      November 29, 2015 2:20 PM GMT
    5 2127 2‚ 0

LOL, that's not me in the picture Nichola.  That's a lady called GLoria Glover (no relation) who used to be a fixture here at one time.

Hugs, Katie   :)

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      November 29, 2015 8:12 PM GMT
  • Well the comments still stand... she looks fantastic

November 30, 2015 2:00 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    We use to have a lot of fun here when I first joined. That was back in 2001 or 2002. It was more about injoying life in the gender you really are.  What was it we use to say "It's a girl thing". The Good Morning thread was a blast of jokes & comments every day. But than things got to be so serious all the time. People even got angry when it was said being trans could be fun. When I commented that I missed the old group we use to have I was told they were gone & I should go with them.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
    This post was edited by Karen Brad at July 22, 2017 10:28 PM BST
      January 25, 2016 9:41 AM GMT
  • Yes it was fun Karen, Serious tho is about relating expreiences and sharing knowledge.   I often look back over old forum posts and reflect, whishing things were as was and certain people were still here.   Ignore crass comments made by retards who do not recognise honesty and have no empathy with like minded sisters.   there seems to be a new breed of Face book and Twitter types on here, many who  have never had a humerous thought or sensible thought,    Long liive PROCRASTINATION

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      January 26, 2016 9:33 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    When I came here the forums were very active. For me that was great, I'm not a chatroom kind of person. Now there's almost no activity here. So what appealed to me is almost gone.
    The Gender society Group on face book is more like the old forums were. 
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      January 29, 2016 4:26 AM GMT
  • I visited the site many times when it was Trannyweb.  I wasn't all that active in terms of posting and such.  But, oh, it was a very important place of support - even for a lurker.

-Jessi-
      February 19, 2016 12:15 AM GMT
  • it is with regret to inform that Gloria Glover who appears in the TW logo at the top of this  thread passed away at 4am this morning in hawaii after a stroke. She was one of the first US members to visit the UK for our trannyweb nights out in manchester and became a good real life friend.

July 6, 2017 1:23 PM BST
    5 2127 2‚ 0

I'm sorry I didn't see this until now.  In fact I didn't know until MA phoned me to tell me the news about Gloria.  I'm very sorry to hear of her passing.  She was a real character, a prolific poster and here all the time for years and years.  I met her in the flesh once when she came over to visit the UK from Baltimore in the US, with our other old friend, Robin Webb.  But mostly I knew her well as the larger than life character she put across on our old Trannyweb site.  May she rest in peace.

Katie  :(

July 19, 2017 2:38 PM BST
    Golly gee Sandy - as Little Auful Annie used to say.
    I got to quit procastinatin. Officially I've been a member since 2001 but with old Tranny web  we were rolling along before that. I remember it well. Katie's pot o' gold was running out and I scrapped the membership fee together some how and became a lifer.
    I  was teaching at the time (now retired) and I got my pick-me-ups from reading the jokes format/ I also vividly remember the
    Procrastination meeting which never was held.
    Hugs xxxooo
    Gracie

<p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      August 7, 2017 12:18 AM BST
  • Hello Maryanne,

I'm sorry I've just seen your message on this thread today, don't know how I missed that, must have been away.

Very sad to hear about Gloria, I met her when she and Robin visited Manchester, in fact several TW girls met up that weekend and had a great time, like many of us regularly did in those days. It was wonderful to meet 2 of our members from across the pond, and Gloria was indeed larger than life, and great fun to talk with.

To this day, Gloria and Robin hold the record for the longest distance traveled to get to a TW/TGS get-together!

Such a shame. None of us are getting any younger...

xx

August 7, 2017 8:59 AM BST
  •  

Boy or Girl? Who cares as long as im beautiful.
    This post was edited by Racheal Mills at July 11, 2018 9:02 PM BST
      August 19, 2017 8:35 AM BST
  • I am still here.I used a different name on trannyweb tho, I think it was lisa or cathy..now its Charlene lynn cook

July 15, 2018 4:51 PM BST