Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Good Morning » A thought on chores

A thought on chores

Tags : None
  • Today was laundry day.  No one enjoys that chore.  However, I had a unique delight while completing this necessary chore.  I first did all of my boy clothes.  Finishing it was a matter of that shirt goes with those trousers.  No emotion, or feeling.  A basic, no emotion boring job.  Nothing more.  Then, it was time for my dresses and girl underthings.  I found that although it was still essentially the same task, it took on a different set of thoughts.  I remembered the softness of that red dress.  I remembered how much that blue “A” line showed off my legs.  The caress of that one, the delight I had in wearing the other one.  I found delight in the remembrance, and a chore became a delightful memory.

January 12, 2016 4:22 AM GMT
  • Linda,

I hate buying His clothes so much I had to ask my SO to do it for me.  Ask her to shop?   Yah, not going to turn that down, is she?   On the other hand, I loved helping her shop for her clothes and she loved me doing so.

Over time, I have found that I have even begun to enjoy doing His laundry as it is Wendy doing it and I match up outfits like I do for Her clothes (Wendy).  Compimentary colors, triads, fabrics and patterns.  All my clothes are carefully folded as if they just came from the store shelf.  Admittedly I do it during commercials and news programs, but it is a  slightly better than neutral experience.  I have found other things that I did not used to like were probably supression of my true feelings while role-playing a male.  Still have not managed to get excited about hand sewing repairs, however.

I do not really enjoy doing Wendy's laundry, however, because it signals the end of my time alone and fully in Wendy mode and a return to supression of my feelings and behavior.  Not a happy time.  I am just packing things up and going back "on stage".  Not ever a happy time.

I do find, however, that Wendy does not much mind doing housekeeping and it has carried over into my male life.

It is interesting how you cope.

"A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      January 28, 2016 1:39 AM GMT