The GS Black hole.

• 0 posts
    February 19, 2016 3:49 PM GMT

So what is the GS Black hole?. Black holes have baffled scientists for years but they think they know what they are. I think they say they are dying stars that suck in matter but I guess they are just guessing.

The GS Black hole is much different though , I know what it is. It is a place that sucks in members and they are never seen again , a bit like The burmuda Triangle. New members join and say hello and then vanish or make one post and get no or little response and then vanish.

The GS Black hole holds about 20,000 members. I can see why they never return yet this is one of , if not the best transgender website there is.

Wind back to what this website was before GS and it had more members logging in and more members being active in the forums. It saddens me to see a fantastic place like this not being able to hold on to new members because it can be done.

I am not a new member here I am just visiting but current members can do more. I see a few long term members putting their hearts and souls into this place. Those few and it is less than the amount of fingers I have on one hand are just about holding this place together , if they give up then what will be left?. All it takes is a bit of effort , just a few moments of your time to check the forums and then respond.

There is more to this place than the home page yet that is where most seem to post anything.

If this place is going to have a future the home page needs to be split into two sections. One side for trivia and comments and the other side displaying a list of latest forum posts and topics.

You all take care , x

Image removed.

This post was edited by Former Member at March 8, 2016 4:21 PM GMT
    • 178 posts
    February 19, 2016 5:04 PM GMT

It is not GS that is a black hole.  I believe that a lot of folks join here, enjoy their 15 minutes of fame and adulation - especially if they look good - then clear off.  They have had their admiration - and let's face it, this is, sadly, what the home page is mostly about.

But - ask them to pay, to make a contribution.  No, lots of them - and if the cap fits etc - wear it. And if I have offended those of you whom I have described, great! Look at my legs, look at my tits, be overwhelmed. Please though, just satisfy my ego.  Don't expect me to contribute.

Julia.  You can be a bitch, but those of those who know you, care for you. Please stay with us.

Big hug,

Amanda

• 0 posts
    February 19, 2016 6:15 PM GMT

Hi Amanda.

Firstly Thank you for the compliment

I agree with some of what you have posted about the ones who come here to show off their looks to start with. I wish some would show a personality. If someone looks good and has the personality of a house brick and just want to be admired then they are welcome to the black hole.

I feel truly bad being here as a basic member. I love this place and this is the longest time I have never contributed towards the running costs of GS , my previous time was 48 hours.

It has been made clear to me that I am not welcome here so that is out of my control. I am actually surprised my account has not been deleted yet. I have watched from outside so many people just join and then vanish and also members not logging in anymore , that includes full and some life time members. Yes basic members soon moan if something is not working yet never get their Credit or Debit cards out yet they seem to be the ones who stay.

Now about the compliment you paid meMe a bitch? You know me well lol. I say what I feel and also what is on my mind. I think mostly I get it right and if I make a mistake I will and do apologise. For all of the insults I have taken here I have never once had an apology. Those were unprovoked insults and were witnessed yet I just take it , after all I am made of the hard stuff. You know where my heart is though and I am not selfish.

Enough about me this is about GS. I am just bringing to attention that this place needs more effort from its members. I can post link after link here of members who ask for help and get no or very little response. Some come here and take the piss and by that I mean they will get their answers and then never return. The unreasonable transexual thread is a great example of that. The amount of work Crissie has put into that is immense yet that member is only thinking of them self. The member and thread will be forgotten soon , there maybe a final response and that will be the end of it. Grateful people would stay and help others but selfishness takes over and they move on.

It's been a long day and my stomach is making strange noises. Take care and look after yourself and Cat too. Hugs back to you , Julia x.

• 56 posts
    February 19, 2016 11:32 PM GMT

As a new member I'll join in. When I found this site I really needed some help and posted a number of times about a number of different things and got the same dedicated people replying but as has been mentioned and that is only a few. I paid up for a 3 month subscription so had no intention of going anywhere else.

But when there is no activity for what seems long periods of time or little or no interest in anyones posts then you become disheartened as I did and moved on. The web site I now use mainly is very active and I participate regulaly. There is constantly new threads, so in many cases, I can help support and get support at the same time. I don't know about people wanting their 15 minutes of fame but I just wanted to interact when I joined up here but in many cases I was not the person who should be giving advice as I was still sorting my own crap out.

I have notifications of GS posts come to me and up until the last few days there has been very little apart from a long ongoing fun thread that occasionally gets revived. I personally am in a much different space now and can probably help some new members with some questions but there just doesn't seem to be any. When I joined up it appeared to be a reasonably active site but after a month I soon discovered it was manily a hard core group of dedicated people trying like crazy to keep the interst going. I would see members come in ask questions and get almost nothing in response, if you then go to another site and post the same thing and get 10 responses which one are you sticking with?

It is a great site and has great features but without participartion it is simply "another space"

Activity breeds activity and the opposite IMHO is also true. I am happy to stay and as you can see I have hung around but to do what? Maybe I need to have a look at how I am getting notified of activity because I could be missing stuff I guess. But I remember at the time I stopped dropping in and relying on notifications to tell me of activity, there was just nothing happening here day after day. When I did post here I ususally got a response but the same few people working hard at keeping the forum going were the ones that responded.

Are there other parts of the site that only paid up and elite members can see and interact in? If so is that part of the problem...I don't know if there is or not. I know as  Paid Up member I can access stuff that others can't and I assume an elite member can access stuff that I can't. Don't know just guessing...

I will continue to hang around and will comment/help/encourage where and when I can, maybe in time things will change but I guess change is slow to happen. From reading some of the old threads I get the feeling there are a vast number of old members who used to be active here and have now moved on especially over the last few years.

Sarah

• 0 posts
    February 20, 2016 7:19 AM GMT

Thank you for your input Sarah. At this moment I am the only one online that is how bad things are here. I have been gone from here for just over 10 months. Due to someone not being able to control Their jealousy/envy and because of their sad life my account was deleted. I only really came back here to do the one thing I was not given the chance to do and that was say goodbye to my friends and people whom I respected even if they were unaware of it.

According to a certian person back then one of my closest friends and myself were given as the reason this website was failing. Well with 10 months gone things have gone from bad to worse. So that theory has been proven wrong that this place is better off without me , it has also lost my membership cash. I cannot stay here as a basic member like some do as I believe in paying my way in life and also that not all good things in life are free.

Full member features are pointless here as I can access them as a non member or basic member. I can also access about 80% of the home page as a non member. I can currently access the full members forum with no need to log in. This place needs a software overhaul but that is another topic.

It is nice hear that I am not the only one who notices it is the same dedicated few that will offer advice. With no one to advise though they will eventually drift away leaving this place running on empty until the tank runs dry.

You are correct it is a great site and without participation it is just a space. I am attempting to bring that to the attention of others to make this place what it was and not what it is now. The fact that I cannot stay where I am not welcome does not mean that others cannot put some effort in. I care about what happens to this place , as it is said about many things in life "Use it or lose it" .

Take care and Thank you again.

This post was edited by Former Member at March 8, 2016 4:21 PM GMT
    • 2017 posts
    March 8, 2016 7:16 PM GMT

I used to be very active here a few years ago as some people who are still around will know. These days I just come and go from time to time. Partly, that's because I am really busy at work, my studies and family and partly it's because I have found this site has simply changed in character. 

I'm not bemoaning it, everything changes and people come and go, that's just part of life. However, I used to love the forums, which could lead to some really good discussions, advice and fun! I loved the chatroom too, it was crazy in there some nights so I felt completly at home! It just isn't the same anymore and doesn't appeal to me in the same way. I've said it before, I don't like the FB style of website as people just 'like' things and I suspect many limit their activity to that homepage, so why delve into the forums? Such a pity. 

I keep popping back to see how things are as I had a great time here and I do miss people. Today, as usual though, the chat room is empty and there has been very little forum activity since my last visit so I will not be lingering too long. Besides, I have a dissertation to write as part of my studies......oh joy!! lol

I am looking forward to the day when I can kick back and gossip for hours in the chatroom again though.  I'm ever hopeful. 

Nikki