Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Technical Support » Accepting a friend request

Accepting a friend request

Tags : None
  • This sounds stupid, but I've received a friend request and despite a long search I can't find any way to accept it.  Is the "friend" facility a paid-for option perhaps?

March 11, 2016 1:28 PM GMT
  • No Mary you don't have to pay for friends on this site :-)   Just above the red banner at the top of the page you will see a little cloud, thats personal messages, nect to that tyou will see two little people click that to see friends requests and the flag is letting you know if someone has responded to something you have posted.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      March 11, 2016 3:55 PM GMT
  • To accept a friend request, simply click on 'confirm'. Or not, if you don't want to. You can also click on the person's name to view their profile before you decide. 

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      March 11, 2016 4:28 PM GMT
  • Oops - thank you.  I thought it would be something simple I just hadn't seen!

Now I have to figure out what to do now I have "friends" as they are people I haven't met IRL.

This post was edited by Mary Thewlis at March 12, 2016 12:13 AM GMT
      March 12, 2016 12:11 AM GMT
  • You don't have to meet people in real life, I have only met a few, a couple I would never want to meet again, some have left this site or are no longer active here, a limited few we have remained in touch and now and again meet up.  Even though it's cyber space one can still build up a relationship, it's called empathy and support, passing on advice, ralating personal experiences.   We get very few trolls and idiots on this site, there are some very erudite and knowledgeable people on here to help.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      March 12, 2016 12:33 PM GMT
  • Your friends online are there to chat with, to ask questions and to pass on advice, praise, encouragement and to enjoy spending some time with, even if it is in cyberspace. Some of them you may want to meet one day as many of us have done, but it really isn't important whether you do or not. I have made some good friends here, a few I have met in real life, the majority I haven't and never will but I have had some lasting friendships here, which have been as equally important to me as my real life friendships. 

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      March 15, 2016 7:02 PM GMT
  • I have made a few very close friendships on forums.  I've met one of them and I'm planning to meet a couple more.  Not this forum yet as I haven't been here long  enough.

I've checked the chat page a few times and there wasn't anybody there.  What sort of times would there be?

March 15, 2016 11:11 PM GMT
  • I met a lot of friends in chat but that was on the old site. I never find anyone in there either. Sometimes teh differing time zones can be a factor but I think that is only a part of it. I really can't say why Chat is underused compared to how it used to be. 

March 16, 2016 5:54 PM GMT
  • I chat to friends in Facebook chat and YIM.  I get the impression that's what most people do now.

March 17, 2016 11:32 AM GMT
  • I used to use YIM a lot and I really liked it. I'm not a fan of FB though. (One of the few on the planet it would seem). 

March 18, 2016 6:31 PM GMT