I'm in love with someone!!

• 1 posts
    April 18, 2016 11:17 AM BST

Hi. I’m a transgender and I’m in love with someone. She is not ready to accept me only because I’m a transgender. I love her so much and I’m ready to do anything for her. I’m even considering FTM top surgery in Mississauga, but I’m not sure whether she will accept me if I go under the knife. I’m totally broken. She says she can only accept me as her friend and  not as her partner. I know she loves me but she is denying it only because I’m a transgender. I felt like ending up my life but I don’t have the courage to do that either. I cannot live without her. Please advise.

This post was edited by Lucy Diamond at April 18, 2016 1:22 PM BST
    • 0 posts
    April 18, 2016 5:31 PM BST

I have only seen the edited version of this but for what it is worth here is my opinion. If she loves you and loves you enough then she will stick by you. You have to realise that love can work both ways , it can draw you closer or tear you both apart. Allow her to be your friend if that is what she wants.

If things change in the future then they change but you have to realise it is her decision how far she wants to take a relationship. A relationship is a 2 way street and a one way one will fail.

Be gratefull for her friendship and wait and see.

Take care , Julia x

• 0 posts
    April 21, 2016 5:36 AM BST

As you are not responding and maybe to busy I will just say "**** happens then" so get over it..........

• 43 posts
    May 22, 2016 7:01 PM BST

I've been in this position except it was with a homosexual man... He would only date "real" men and we were "just friends". I know how much it hurts to be turned down and feeling "not good enough". I wish I could say this person will come around and accept you, but that's just not guranteed. Something you may want to ask yourself is can you stay just a friend to them or will jealousy get in the way? I always ended up getting jealous of the men my friend dated and in the end it ruined our friendship. Honestly, it wasn't worth it and I'd hate to see the same thing happen to you or anyone else. I don't know how long you've known this person and been friends, but just thought I'd share my experience. I hope whatever happens works out for the best and I wish you well.