Leaving the EU.

Tags : None
  • I can think of some good reasons to leave but I am having trouble trying to find reasons to stay. I have asked a few business men and women and they are saying the same. The way I think of what Europe thinks of the UK is a silly thing called The Eurovision Song Contest. We pay (The UK) the largest amount to put the contest on yet it does not matter how good the song is we always come bottom. Adele is British and has sold millions of records in Europe and the world but even if she was performing for the UK we would still come bottom. It is not about the singer or the song Europe just hates us.

Brussels tells us what to do and it costs us billions for the privilege , those billions could be better spent sorting our country out and having control of our borders would not be a bad thing , we are full and have not got the infrastucture to cope with anymore migrants (That is not racist it is realism).

This tiny island we live in can survive without being a part of an organisation that is basically falling apart and has been for years. I know where my vote is going , any thoughts anyone?.

Take care x

April 27, 2016 4:36 PM BST
    Julia nice topic. Here in the US we've got some people who want to divide the country, or state or even just to away with the central government. Being a borderline history nut, I can understand the European countries getting together to try to stop what happened during WW II. The UK or GB was bombed and cut off by the Nazis but never invaded. (that's overlooking the US troops) UK joined the EU why? Probably economics, probably to keep from being isolated. The question now would be - how much has the UK invested in the EU? Would quitting the EU effect the economy?  IMHO the population will shift back to the European countries when there are no more jobs or wellfare money.  hugs    
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
    This post was edited by Mary Grace at April 28, 2016 6:08 PM BST
      April 28, 2016 6:05 PM BST
  • Thank you for your response Mary. I have just as much trouble trying to figure out your politics aswell as our government. Now so many people have migrated here we are not isolated we are just bloody full.

It costs the UK about 118 Billion GBP per year to be a part of the EU. That does not include things like health tourists who come here for free health care or the benefits they claim once they are here.

At present our government is cutting vital services to some of the most needy people in our society. They are cutting the police force and fire services to the bones , just the 18 billion out of the 118 billion would cover all of those cuts and they would still have some spare change to build a few new hospitals. It is estimated that at the current rate of people moving into London that in just 10 years time people will be standing on each others heads as there will be no room to move.

As for us not being invaded during WW11? Well it is happening right now and has been since our borders were opened because of EU rules.

Take care , Julia x

April 29, 2016 12:00 AM BST
  • Call me cynical but I doubt whether the UK will have a choice either way as it will decided within the halls of Government and some 'corridor diplomacy' with other heads of state, all mixed up with a few financial incentives. 

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      May 3, 2016 7:03 PM BST
  • But we the public get to vote Nikki and this is going to be the highest turn out in voting history (Well so it is said and I hope) I want our country back and so do most people I speak to.

Take care , Julia x

May 3, 2016 11:08 PM BST
  • Most countries I travel through in Europe want only to secure their way of living and are concerned more about the 'islamification of the West' than they are of whether the UK leaves the EEC. 

If the UK leaves, I think in the long run it will be a mistake, but that's just my opinion. 

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      May 10, 2016 6:03 PM BST