Hello, Y'all!!!

• 4 posts
    May 29, 2016 6:49 AM BST

Hiya, y'all!!! My name is Jennifer Wright, and I am new to this site and wanted to introduce myself. I only realized that I was M2F transgender last year, and I am still trying to understand it all.  I haven't come out to my friends or family although it is really killing me on the inside to keep it from them. It's not that I don't think that my friends would understand, they're very understanding when it comes to LGBT issues, but it's really coming out to my family that scares me the most. So I have been an emotional wreck lately while I mull this over. I don't feel that I am ready to come out yet, and I certainly don't have the words yet.  

So I look forward to hearing from you all and getting to know you all. Goodnight, y'all. 

• 12 posts
    May 30, 2016 6:48 PM BST

HI Jennifer, love your dress. Dont worry about coming out until it is right for you, you will need the strength for whet may come hoping it will be supportive. You are the only one that knows, i dont know if you have dropped a few hints along the way as that sometime breaksd the ice and gives you some feedback on how it may go. A preparation in a way.

All i can say it is up to you, be strong and good luck it is hard but well worth it, keeping it locked in is not good either but you need to be prepared as you will already know, there is a lot of support here for you. I was supprised to the strenght of my wife but i knew she was strong and our love could weather the storm and so far so good, it has been 9 months now, but i still havent got dressed in front of her she knows i do elsewhere, i only do my nails and wear jewelery. She even aggreed for me to go on hormones as well knowing the results but hey i had trauma which resulted in loss of of the jewels so a blessing for me. I dress at my sisters and with my 9 yo daughter she calls me her girly man, have gone out once as me that was by myself too. Keep a clear head and remember you are you and nothing is going to change and tell them that you love them all the same no change, you are the same person inside just look different.

I am here ot help if you need it, we all have different but similar stories some good some bad, do your thing and what happens happens! Try not to be selfish as it is so easy to fall into your own importance and forget the wives lives have been turned up side down so be there for her, as i said i came out 9 months ago and still step by step day by day not to scare her, she knows were it is going but coping as she canm dont push resist the urge you have waited so many years now to take a little more time but everyone on your side is better.

Lots of hugs Naomi good luck.

This post was edited by Alana Dilkes at May 30, 2016 6:54 PM BST
    • 4 posts
    May 31, 2016 8:17 AM BST

Thank you for your advice, Naomi. I haven't really dropped any hints to my family...intentionally anyway. My mom did notice that I had been shaving my arms, but she doesn't know about the other areas that I've shaved. She came close a few weeks ago in learning that I was transgender when she accidentally opened a package addressed to me, and it was a wig and a pair of clip-on earrings. I could've come out then, but I denied that I had ordered them, and I convinced her that it was sent to me by mistake. I didn't feel good about lying to her like that, but I was not ready for her to know yet. I feel like with her, I need to approach it delicately because she will blame herself for me being transgender. That can't be further from the truth. Perhaps dropping hints early on will be the best solution.

Once again, thank you for your advice. I really do appreciate it. And thank you for telling me about your story. It's easy when one first learns that they're transgender to think that they're alone, forgetting that there are others who have gone through the same thing.