Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Coming Out » Exciting opportunity!

Exciting opportunity!

Tags : None
  • I was approached by a recruiter to see if I would be interested in a position with another company. Today we had a quick get to know each other interview that went swimmingly well. She asked me to forward my CV and I did. What is exciting is that it looks like they will be very supportive of me being me rather than the shell most people see on a day to day basis. I didn't want to jinx it by saying something but I'm super excited!

January 27, 2017 1:05 AM GMT
  • She loved my basic resume and asked me to update it. They are more than happy with me starting as Cynthia instead of my old self! I'm really excited about this new opportunity. I hope that the next phone interview next week goes well!

January 28, 2017 12:42 AM GMT
  • A really awesome experience in regards to coming out today. The recruiter called me back for the second phone interview. We spoke about how my plan was to come out if/when I start the new job and actually start presenting female. She was so super supportive and started calling me by my chosen name, Cynthia. I'm so hoping that I get this position because I can start transitioning at the same time.

Regardless if I get this new position at the new company I've decided that I've had enough flip flopping between male and female. I will be coming out at my current work, the only place I'm not out, as soon as I can connect with HR. It's been really hard because we've got this extremely important demo tomorrow and we have had to focus all of our time and energy into making this deadline. After this demo things drop off and I should finally be able to connect with her.

January 31, 2017 10:16 PM GMT
  • Hope it all works out well for you Cynthia.  Please do let us know how it goes.

Hugs, Katie   :)

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      February 4, 2017 6:59 PM GMT
  • Thanks!

That particular one did not work out but I've got a couple more in the works that are also pretty exciting!

February 4, 2017 7:19 PM GMT