Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Make-Up Tips » Keeping powder where it belongs

Keeping powder where it belongs

Tags : None
  • I'm a bit flustered at this point. I've been trying to use power to set my look but I get more on my sweater or such than I get on my face! Any tips on how to keep power on your brush and off your clothes?

January 26, 2018 10:40 PM GMT
  • Use a cream foundation more expensive than powder, but much easier to use and covers better Cream-to-powders also offer a bit more coverage than liquids or mousses. However, some can create a thicker, made-up look, and the cream ingredients can make oily skin types look more oily. This option is best for normal to dry skin types.CreamCream foundation is a good choice for those with dry or mature skin.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
    This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at January 28, 2018 8:31 PM GMT
      January 27, 2018 4:17 PM GMT
  • You could try using a foundation stick for skin coverage and then you only need a little powder for setting the foundation. A good quality powder like Bare Minerals will adhere to the foundation and not come off on your clothes. 

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      February 19, 2018 2:24 PM GMT
  • It was more about powder not sticking to the brush. I would try and get a bit on the brush but half of it fell off the brush. I've tried a few different things but usually get more on my top than my brush

January 28, 2019 10:49 PM GMT
  • That would normally indicate that you either have a poor quality brush or are using too much powder. You actually only need a surprisingly small amount. If you use it in conjunction with a cream or stick, you will get excellent coverage results to hide any flaws and using a smaller amount of powder will result in less being wasted. 

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      February 3, 2019 12:34 PM GMT
  • I was using too much it seems. Thanks for your reply.

Cynthia

February 27, 2019 12:01 AM GMT