Keeping powder where it belongs

• 66 posts
    January 26, 2018 10:40 PM GMT

I'm a bit flustered at this point. I've been trying to use power to set my look but I get more on my sweater or such than I get on my face! Any tips on how to keep power on your brush and off your clothes?

• January 27, 2018 4:17 PM GMT

Use a cream foundation more expensive than powder, but much easier to use and covers better Cream-to-powders also offer a bit more coverage than liquids or mousses. However, some can create a thicker, made-up look, and the cream ingredients can make oily skin types look more oily. This option is best for normal to dry skin types.CreamCream foundation is a good choice for those with dry or mature skin.

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at January 28, 2018 8:31 PM GMT
    • 2017 posts
    February 19, 2018 2:24 PM GMT

You could try using a foundation stick for skin coverage and then you only need a little powder for setting the foundation. A good quality powder like Bare Minerals will adhere to the foundation and not come off on your clothes. 

• 66 posts
    January 28, 2019 10:49 PM GMT

It was more about powder not sticking to the brush. I would try and get a bit on the brush but half of it fell off the brush. I've tried a few different things but usually get more on my top than my brush

• 2017 posts
    February 3, 2019 12:34 PM GMT

That would normally indicate that you either have a poor quality brush or are using too much powder. You actually only need a surprisingly small amount. If you use it in conjunction with a cream or stick, you will get excellent coverage results to hide any flaws and using a smaller amount of powder will result in less being wasted. 

• 66 posts
    February 27, 2019 12:01 AM GMT

I was using too much it seems. Thanks for your reply.

Cynthia