Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 26, 2018 8:42 PM GMT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Advice to STraight Friend

Hello there. My name is Mark and I am seeking some advice for a situation.

I am a straight man. My older brother is gay and I accepted him wholeheartedly when he came out. I've gone to bars with him and consider myself very open minded and gay-friendly.

My situation is this: I recently became friends with a guy I work with and through him met his younger brother who just turned 18. I've become friends with him as well since we all work together. I like the kid but it is pretty obvious that he is in the closet. I know better than to confront him. A person has to make that journey on his own timetable.

The problem is I think he has a crush on me. Several times he has greeted me by saying "Hey Beautiful". He's always touching my arm or shoulder in a way that straight men usually don't. He looks at me when he thinks I can't see. There are other signs as well, which I consider flattering but not reciprocal. He knows I'm straight. My gf and I have been together for four years.

I want to discourage him without making him think what he feels is wrong or bad. Should I say something overt to him or just let it go until he says something to me? I don't want to stop hanging out with him and I want him to feel its OK to come out when hes ready, but thats not a road I want to go down.

Any advice? Does it sound like he might be into me? How can I discourage him?

• February 27, 2018 6:15 PM GMT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        215 -18

Untitled title

Is you GF gay friendly, if so take her along with you one night, perhaps he will then get the message.   I have a couple of Gay friends they are touchy feely, but it's all harmless, that' just how they are 

Don't get angry
      when others are talking behind your back... because they're just proving
      that your life is obviously more interesting than theirs.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit posts
    You don't have permission to delete posts
    You don't have permission to approve new posts
    You don't have permission to make a thread sticky
    You don't have permission to close a thread
    You don't have permission to move a thread

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel